Persona PRLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Persona PR is seeking a full time Account Assistant for our Los Angeles offices (supporting both LA and NYC). This is a hybrid position, with the option to work from the office, or work from home.
Position Summary: The Account Assistant position works hand in hand with the Account Coordinators, Account Executives, Sr. Account Executives, and President/CEO at the firm. They are expected to have basic knowledge of the entertainment PR world, and the desire + passion to grow into publicists at the firm. Account Assistants provide daily, direct support on multiple client accounts, while also serving the firm as a whole distributing information (i.e. updated contacts, researching new media outlets, maintaining databases, event and gifting submissions), learning the ins and outs of the business while lightly pitching clients, securing press, sending media coverage, on the ground client coverage (and more).
Functions and Responsibilities:
* Tracking/monitoring client press, sending press placements out to the client in a timely manner.
* Point of contact for main line on Persona PR OOMA phone system. All ''receptionist'' calls will ring to your phone, and Account Assistant will direct the caller accordingly. ** Note calls to the main line on
OOMA are not common **
* Social media support for the Persona PR Instagram (cross posting on Facebook and Twitter), talent submissions for verification and URL changes.
* Overseeing and maintaining company calendar --> ZOOM meeting additions and sending out links for upcoming meetings (most staff send their own links out, however they need to be added to company calendar).
* Looking into updated media contacts for the team & circulating.
* Maintain the client database for the firm (for example updating email lists for clients when
representatives change, an address update when clients move, etc.)
* Help to maintain media contact databases (also assign projects to interns when applicable).
* In person coverage: covering client events, photo shoots, press junkets, and all publicity related
activities, staffing red carpet events including award shows, premieres, venue openings and galas
* Ongoing research, tracking media contact changes, sharing updated contact information with the
LA and NYC teams.
* Event submissions for talent and follow up (loop in coordinators once secured).
* Gifting submissions for talent and follow up (loop in coordinators once secured).
* Light pitching to media and securing press placements (national and international).
* Compiling client schedules, sending memos, and handling itineraries.
* Patching client interviews (phone) and listening in, possible junket coverage.
* Reaching out for gifting and branding partnerships for clientele, fashion outreach.
* Onboard and oversee interns (when applicable).
* Onboarding new clientele: new client forms, circulating updated rep email lists, archive of previous
press + more
* Brainstorming pitch angles and ideas for clients.
* Biographical, pitch, and press release writing.
* Interact and coordinate with studios, networks, labels, talent reps (agents, managers, attorneys),
* Proficient in Cision, MuckRack, Fashion Monitor, IMDB, and Celebrity Intelligence (and basic
Microsoft Office applications)
* Relationships and knowledge of the hair, make up, and styling agencies (and the individual artists) -
this is something that coordinators do, however Account Assistants are expected to be learning the
ins and outs of glam coordination for clientele.
* Applicants must be located in the Los Angeles area.
* Own a laptop [MAC preferred].
* Ability to multi-task.
* Ability to work in a team environment and individually.
* Proficient in Cision/MuckRack. Knowledge of Fashion Monitor and Celebrity Intelligence platforms is a plus.
* Ability to write engaging, press driven materials including: biographies, press releases, pitches, and more.
* Social media savvy on all platforms.
* Flexible hours outside of the required full-time schedule, nights and weekends are frequently requested.
* Minimum of 1-2 years experience required in a public relations role, working with talent/in entertainment is a plus.
* General knowledge of the representation world [managers, agents, attorneys].
* College degree preferred.
Medical and dental coverage + Persona PR 401K plan + Retirement planning resources + Company disability + life insurance plan + Extended PTO for holidays.
About Persona PR: As one of the most reputable PR firms to emerge in the entertainment business in the past decade, Persona PR has become known for being on the forefront of new advances in media nationally and internationally. From traditional public relations campaigns, to digital strategy, branding, and marketing, we make it our commitment to stay constantly informed in an ever-changing industry.
**Applicants who send generic cover letters without specifics on why they are applying for this particular job & why they want to work in talent representation will not be considered. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online