Fall Intern - Publicity
Permanent PressBrooklyn, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Permanent Press is an independent music and entertainment publicity firm based in Brooklyn, New York.
Permanent Press seeks a highly organized and proactive intern to start in late August/early September who is interested in learning all aspects of the Public Relations field. Our firm provides interns with hands-on experience in the entertainment industry, as well as building an effective skill set for students who will soon be entering the workforce. The candidate must be poised, confident, and resourceful, with the ability to multitask and follow through on all responsibilities. It is essential that the candidate to this position have strong analytical thinking and communication skills, demonstrate creativity, possess the ability to work independently and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details. A passion for the music and entertainment industry is required!
- Monitor all forms of media for client press coverage daily
- Compile press contact lists to update and maintain press database
- Conduct research to support PR planning
- Create and curate content for company social media accounts
- Assist in the planning, creation, organization and execution of press releases, campaigns, and special events
- Assist in general administration duties as needed
- Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, English Majors Preferred
- General understanding of PR concepts and practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized and able to work independently
- Detail oriented, outgoing, and confident
- Must be a current student
- Complete a min of 16hrs/wk
Due to COVID-19, we are not conducting business in our office as usual. All team members are working remotely, and will likely do so through the fall. Interns will not be required to commute to the office.
Academic Internship Credit only
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online