Paid Intern - Scouting, Coastal
Perfect Game UsaGastonia, NC
Part Time Paid Internship
Perfect Game Incorporated is seeking a Scouting Intern for our summer season! Perfect Game first opened for business over 20 years ago. Since then, Perfect Game has continued to grow and expand throughout the United States.
Our mission is to promote the game of baseball now and in the future by hosting the highest quality amateur baseball events while providing meaningful opportunities and information to players, families, MLB organizations, college coaches and fans. Perfect Game is the premier provider of amateur baseball events, hosting both travel team tournaments and individual player showcases throughout the country. Our online database, scouting reports and player rankings have proven to be a valuable resource for all college coaches and MLB scouts.
In addition to being recognized as the leader in high level baseball events, the PGBA, Perfect Game's governing baseball association, offers the opportunity for baseball organizations across the country to host PG affiliated tournaments, allowing teams across all age divisions and locations to experience Perfect Game events. The number of tournaments held each year by both Perfect Game and its' affiliated PGBA organizations has reached well into the thousands.
Whether you are a baseball enthusiast or simply want an exciting opportunity with a fast-growing company, this internship with Perfect Game may be just what you are looking for to gain valuable experience and help you further your career.
• Assist Perfect Game in identifying top prospect in each graduating class at tournament and showcase events.
• Able to complete the write-ups of prospects seen in a timely manner and to be posted on the website the next day.
• Scouting and analyzing prospects while using other available resources to be able to evaluate prospects.
• Assist in all PG Event operations when necessary.
• Assist with PG Social Media from events.
• It is preferred that the candidates have strong knowledge and passion for the game of baseball as well as a basic understanding how to evaluate players to build on with this internship.
• Experience or confidence in one's writing ability is a plus as well as experience with video.
Start Date: May 16th 2022- July 29th 2022. All interns will be paired with a mentor during the internship.
Currently enrolled in a college/university to receive college credit, or recent college graduate.