Ticket Office Manager - Spring Training
Peoria Sports ComplexPeoria, AZ
Full Time Job
The purpose of this position is to oversee and execute all ticketing and event related functions at the Peoria Sports Complex, including Major League Baseball (MLB) Spring Training, City of Peoria Special Events, all other contracted ticketed events and provide support to non-ticketed events. Functions include working with contracted ticketing service provider to build ticketing manifests and events, supervising ticket office operations, developing ticket sales initiatives, and generating ticketing reports supporting financial and marketing analysis. The Ticket Office Manager will work with Sports Complex management, professional sports team partners, City Departments, non-profit partners, promoters, and contracted vendors to ensure execution and overall success of assigned events.
This full time, year-round, benefited position is based at Peoria Sports Complex. The regular work schedule will be Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm though scheduled shifts may vary widely and be based on the season and event schedule (including nights, weekends and holidays).
• Acts as liaison to ticketing service provider to build ticketing manifest for MLB Spring Training season, City Special Events and other contracted ticketed events at the Sports Complex.
• Produce ticketing reports for distribution to track financials and purchasing trends.
• Develop season and group ticketing sales initiatives; implement through leading and training seasonal sales team.
• Manage ticket office operations including, but not limited to hiring and training of part-time/seasonal staff, reconciliation of daily financials, season and group ticket fulfillment.
• Development and printing of collateral materials including, but not limited to pocket schedules, season ticket, group ticket, and catering brochures.
• Participates in budget related activities by projecting sales revenues and expenditures, researching operational enhancements, processing invoices and payment collection efforts.
• Act as lead for community and visitor outreach programs through strategic partnerships and distribution of electronic information to better promote the Sports Complex and the City of Peoria.
• Manage other duties and events as assigned.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and minimum of three years related experience. Requires a working knowledge of ticketing practices, equipment and procedures. A valid Arizona Drivers License is required upon hire. Knowledge of ticketing operations in sports related setting, ticket sales marketing campaigns and event production/facilitation is preferred. Must have ability to communicate effectively with the public in a professional manner and to be detail oriented, organized and multi-task in fast paced environment. Proven written and verbal communication skills and advanced computer skills. Experience with ProVenue ticketing platform desired.
Working Title: Ticket Office Manager
Official City of Peoria, AZ Title: Sports Complex Ticket Operations Coordinator
To be considered for the Sports Complex Ticket Operations Coordinator, you are required to apply online through the 2-Step process listed below, mailed applications will not be considered. Applications must include a resume. Coordinator is the first supervisory tier within the Sports Complex Management Team. This position will remain open until Sunday, July 21, 2019 at 11:59 PM (Arizona).
***APPLICATION IS A 2 STEP PROCESS:
The Peoria Sports Complex is a Major League Baseball Spring Training and player development facility shared by the San Diego Padres and Seattle Mariners. The Sports Complex's stadium and 12 additional full sized baseball fields are utilized year-round for each team's player development systems, Arizona Fall League, international baseball teams and by local and national youth and adult baseball tournaments and championships. The complex is also host to a variety of events such as concerts, car and RV shows, road races, fundraisers, conferences, weddings, and city sponsored special events such as Halloween, Easter and July 4th.