Spring Training Group Sales Representative
Peoria Sports ComplexPeoria, AZ
Full Time Job
We invite you to apply for this unique opportunity to advance your career in sports! The entire business of professional sports has original roots in ticket sales and gaining experience in this field is critical to establishing a foothold toward a promising career in sports.
The Seattle Mariners and San Diego Padres play spring training every February and March in beautiful Peoria, Ariz. at the stunning, newly renovated Peoria Sports Complex. Peoria Sports Complex is a 12,000-seat major league venue that operates a 30-game exhibition schedule in a five-week period against 13 other Cactus League opponents from Major League Baseball.
You will also have the opportunity, as schedule permits, to gain experience in additional areas of interest in professional sports stadium management, with a goal being to obtain the most well-rounded professional sports background you desire. Other areas could include concessions, marketing, sponsor fulfillment, fan experience, game production parking and merchandise sales.
Position runs throughout the 2019 Spring Training Season; starting in Mid-October 2018.
Primary responsibility will be generating sales via outbound and inbound phone calls. Inventory available, but not limited to: season tickets (renewals), season tickets (new business), group tickets, and single game tickets, fundraising groups. Provide exceptional customer service to season ticket holders, groups, and single ticket buyers.
• Generate, develop, and maintain new and ongoing business and sales relationships, consisting of a full inventory of ticket products (Season ticket renewals, new season ticket sales, groups, and single game buyers).
• Generate, develop, and maintain the fundraising ticket program.
• Provide in-person and telephone customer service for tickets, seating and schedule inquiries.
• Provide professional customer service to patrons and clients.
• Perform work through team's ticketing database, Tickets.com, to support necessary ticket sales, service and operations tasks.
• Assist in selling and payment processing on accounts for tickets (season, single, groups) and parking.
• Have full knowledge of all game day policies, procedures and stadium facts.
• Act as point of contact for clients on event day; resolve issues or concerns in a timely manner.
• Additional related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
• Strong work ethic and desire to grow career in sports ticket sales
• Computer proficient and detailed oriented
• Previous ticket sales and customer service experience preferred; display a genuine desire to help people
• Excellent communication, presentation, and listening skills
• Ability to work well with other and comfortable taking initiative
• Be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
• One Season of ticket sales experience
Degree in business or related field or degree seeking professional
For more information about the Peoria Sports Complex, please visit www.peoriasportscomplex.com.
• How did you hear about this job?