Gold Derby: Social Media Manager
Penske Media CorporationLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Gold Derby is seeking a smart, dynamic and innovative social media manager. The ideal candidate will have at least two years’ experience at a newspaper, magazine and/or daily web site and have a keen knowledge of major Hollywood awards.
• Write articles and edit text about the Oscars, Emmys, Golden Globes and Grammys.
• Be an all-around site support to Gold Derby’s network of reporters and editors in helping with SEO, and story promotion.
• Identify and solve problems on the site.
• Monitor news feeds and social media for breaking news.
• Work with social media editor to effectively share stories on top platforms
• Leverage and promote Gold Derby's predictions and articles across social media platforms, including Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter.
• Collaborate with editors to optimize editorial content for social media, monitor social trends, and make real-time editorial recommendations to grow and engage users and drive traffic
• Analyze, interpret and report on social data and insights
• Expand GoldDerby.com’s distribution strategy to new and emerging social media platforms to drive traffic.
• Work closely with Integrated Marketing and Client Services team to craft and deploy sponsored content and campaigns.
• Minimum 2 years of web content experience using CMS such as WordPress or other custom platforms
• Experience with major social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
• Must be knowledgeable about — and show a demonstrative history of using — Facebook/Instagram reels and TikTok.
• Exceptional communication and collaboration skills; adept at balancing department needs that are both creative and technical
• Ability to work self-sufficiently and be proactive
• Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
• Ability to identify time sensitive news
• Strong research skills, detail oriented
• Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
• A fundamental understanding of SEO to drive traffic to web pages
• Flexibility with work hours that will likely involve time outside the 9-to-5 weekday hours; off-shift work required occasionally in urgent news situations
• BA in Journalism a plus
This position pays $65k-65k
As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, for this role the company pays 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family. The total compensation package for this position will include other elements including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits.
Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
About Gold Derby
Hollywood’s original awards site GoldDerby.com was launched in 2000 by leading awards expert Tom O’Neil, author of “Movie Awards,” “The Emmys” and “The Grammys” (Penguin Putnam Books). Gold Derby famously presents four sets of Oscar, Emmy, Grammy and other predictions for comparison and analysis: Experts (journalists from Entertainment Weekly, USA Today, etc.); Gold Derby’s Editors; Top 24 Users (who scored best predicting the same awards last year); and all site Users. The predictions are listed in numerous charts, then aggregated into racetrack odds and percentages that are applied by site users to wager points. Gold Derby thus operates as a true racetrack – for entertainment gaming purposes only. Join the races today at GoldDerby.com and follow the latest updates at @GoldDerby on Twitter.
About Penske Media Corporation:
PMC is a leading global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate audience. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, Rolling Stone, The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Fairchild Media, Vibe, IndieWire, Dirt, Gold Derby and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. In addition, PMC owns several vital cultural events such as SXSW, LA3C, and Life is Beautiful. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit? www.PMC.com.?