Video Streaming Supervisor
Full Time Job
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal's commitment and how we are making an impact.
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
As a Video Streaming Supervisor at NBC Universal (NBCU), you will be overseeing the day-to-day operations and staffing of this 24/7/365 Digital Operations Center. This includes delivering both live streams and VOD assets to internal and external distribution partners and platforms. This role will report to a Manager of Video Operations and help lead both the L1 and L2 Operators. The supervisor is responsible for making sure that L1 and L2 support are following all operations procedures including real-time troubleshooting, escalation, resolution and reporting of issues. The operation will include real-time monitoring of live streams and VOD delivery workflows, through a set of data aggregation tools across the entire distribution chain. The Supervisor will be responsible for daily end of shift reports on delivery confirmations, issue mitigation, and performance metrics â€'' all a part of the standard operating procedure. The primary objective of this role is to ensure that the team of operators have the optimal resources and staffed accordingly to handle all video workflows.
This role is a unique opportunity to help grow a state-of-the-art, cutting-edge, one-of-a-kind facility and team that will pioneer digital delivery and distribution for the industry.
• Lead both L1 and L2 Operators to ensure the availability and reliability of NBCUniversal assets distributed to Peacock App and the end consumer
• Oversee L1 and L2 Support and ensure proper incident management is being followed
• Own relationship with incident management team and provide updates where needed on Root Cause Analysis
• Own daily maintenance checks of hardware and software within the DOC and work with Engineering to resolve
• Create operations staff schedule to ensure 24/7/365 coverage, including on-call coverage
• Own Operations Process Management and create living runbooks for all different events
• Work directly with management and report on the day to day inefficiencies within the operations team and own them until resolution
• Backup the manager as a stakeholder for a specific product under Digital Operations (Live Events, Linear Streaming, VOD, or Ad Integration)
• Create daily reports to business leadership for VOD and Live Health
• Own and manage strong working relationships with internal brands and external partners
• Track all Maintenance windows and ensure they will not impact on-air production
• Minimum three (3) years' experience in Digital Operations
• Minimum three (3) years' experience in Product Support or Dev Ops
• Minimum three (3) years' experience in a Network Operations Center or digital distribution facility
• Minimum three (3) years' experience in a role with a track record of effective staff management along with high energy level, and strong team skills
• Minimum three (3) years' experience leading a support team to effective issue resolution
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Willingness and ability to work or be on call at any time, sometimes on short notice in order to support a 24/7/365 operation
• BA/BS in related field
• Extensive experience, understanding and knowledge of digital product and distribution systems, standards and processes
• Strategic project management leadership
• Technical experience with digital video and audio, troubleshooting and test techniques
• Prior experience with video encoding, delivery distribution workflows
• Experience with scheduling and resource management
• Strong attention to detail, communication and interpersonal skills
• Effectively flexible in approach, and responds well to pressure
• A track record of meeting or exceeding performance expectations