Video Streaming Engineer
PeacockNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
The Video Streaming Engineer will be responsible for building and supporting business critical video systems and video-related cloud solutions.
• Collaborate with NBC D2C engineering and technical teams to implement frameworks to create and manage video-on-demand assets delivered directly to the consumer.
• Design and deliver cloud and on-prem workflow solutions. Work with technology partners, site engineers, and vendors to implement smart technology solutions and tools.
• Work with NBC internal digital media teams (advertising operations, analytics) to deliver and train on solutions across D2C digital properties, including Peacock.
• Expertise in encoding profiles, bitrate ladders, and video compression technologies.
• Expertise in audio/video codecs (AVC/HEVC/DD , Atmos), HDR (HDR10/Dolby Vision), DRM technologies (Fairplay, Playready, Widevine).
• Expertise in dynamic ad insertion, both client-side and server-side, technical architecture and design implications for each.
• Expertise in cloud VOD transcode and packaging services.
• Knowledge of VOD video workflows in the cloud and in on-prem/off-prem environments.
• Knowledge of cloud delivery (AWS is a plus).
• Knowledge of streaming video delivery, video origin architecture, and issues of scale for video delivery.
• Knowledge of scripting and light coding to support software workflows and testing.
• Comfort with the Software Development Life Cycle and software-based tools and workflows.
• Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving, debugging and decision-making skills.
• 5-7 years of experience working in video delivery
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered (note job #: )
• Must be willing to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Bachelors in Computer Science, MIS or related degree
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently under minimum supervision and proactive in solving issues
• Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work across multiple groups and levels in organization
• Self-motivation and resourcefulness
• Energy, commitment and solution focused, ability to perform under pressure and meeting stretch targets