Video Quality Analyst
Full Time Job
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
This Video Quality Analyst will be part of the Quality & CDN team where they will be responsible to provide subject matter expertise and derive meaningful reports and analysis from video user experience data. This role will work alongside data engineers and CDN architects to help build reporting and deep dive on issues particular to video and ad delivery systems.
• Provide daily trend analysis on Core video KPIs
• Serve as the regional Video Metrics SME, interfacing with other technology domains and providing expertise to support, development and operations teams
• Work with front end RUM and backend KPI data
• Work with ML-based alerting and anomaly detection systems
• Play an integral role in the contribution towards the International supplier choice and commercial management strategy
• Work with Planning, Product & other stakeholders to lead innovation, define the art of the possible for Marketing, and identify problems & opportunities (e.g. design horizons)
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a relevant field
• Minimum five (5) years of experience working with video or similar data sets
• Solid understanding of telecommunication & Internet technologies
• Solid understanding of IP video chain (e.g. encoding, packaging, origin later; network integration)
• Experience in video performance management
• Ability to oversee communications concerning CDNs including presentations to executives and building detailed design documentation
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered (note job #:)
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Availability to travel as required
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Strong stakeholder and supplier management skills
• Self-starter, operates autonomously, and exhibits a can-do attitude
• Strong analytical skills with a â€˜join-the-dots' approach
• Consultative and operates with a proactive mindset
• Commercial awareness and associated modelling skills
• Telecommunications industry experience (or similar e.g. academia). BSc / MSc / PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar
• Knowledge of data analytics, modelling and statistical analysis
• Good regional network of telco and CDN contacts, industry body engagement
• Experience working as part of a geographically distributed team