Vice President, User Experience & Design
PeacockUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
Do you have a passion for helping create the future of entertainment and sports? Do you drive innovative and groundbreaking user experiences? Do you love to grow, mentor, and direct an amazing team that serves fans?
NBCUniversal Direct to Consumer Group is seeking a Vice President of User Experience & Design to lead teams for a stable of video streaming services and show-centric apps across NBCUniversal brands such as NBC, NBC Sports, Golf Channnel, Bravo, Oxygen, SYFY, USA, E! and Telemundo. You will lead an outstanding group of designers, researchers, and prototypers to create and enhance unique user experiences for Pay TV customers.
The Vice President of User Experience & Design will report directly to the SVP of Product and Design and work with business and design stakeholders across various departments and throughout the company. You will be a key member in developing a design vision and long-term strategy for products and services across NBCU's digital ecosystem. And you will inspire the best out of your team and colleagues to develop content experiences that resonate with customers and drive engagement. Vice President, User Experience & Design
• Work across product groups to develop a long-term design language and system that provides a cohesive experience for customers
• Identity areas of opportunity between Pay TV authenticated apps and NBCUniversal's Peacock offering to drive user scale and customer lifetime value
• Deliver UX/UI across multiple products and platforms including web, mobile and living room devices .
• Organize team resources to create specializations for some and opportunities for all to improve their UX/UI skills
• Maintain relationships and design standards with many groups, including, product, tech, project management, sales, and external teams
• Maintain a healthy and diverse team culture
• Develop skills training, mentoring programs and career guidance for team members
• Be an unrelenting advocate for the customer
• Identify and report out marketplace trends and competitive analyses
• Drive customer understanding through user research and testing
• Present new concepts and strategies to senior executives
• Manage vendor and resource budgets
• Minimum 15 years of experience in digital UX/UI including a minimum of 5 years as a people manager of 10 or more designers
• Demonstratable experience designing multi-platform apps and connected device experiences
• BA degree or higher in Interactive Design, Product Design, User Centric Design, HCI, Cognitive Psychology, or related field
• Working experience in Sketch, Principle, Photoshop, Zeplin, and After Effects
• Hands on experience with a variety of user research techniques including user surveys, personas, task and scenario testing, moderated and unmoderated testing
• Knowledge of new trends for digital products
Online Portfolio is required for all submission
• An online portfolio demonstrating broad skills, premium experiences and expertise in design principles and usability is required. Please provide a link and any appropriate PDF materials.
• Expert presentation skills and cross-functional communicator
• Experience in a large-scale consumer-facing organization, preferably in the media space
• Knowledge and interest in sports and entertainment video content
• Education in interaction design, human computer interaction, information architecture, or product design
• Team player that can work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
• Experience supporting a multi-product ecosystem (think Google apps) highly preferred
• Proven track record with a variety of successful products
• Experience working with streaming video strongly preferred
• Extremely detail oriented and organized
• Comfortable working in a collaborative, competitive, fast-paced environment
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA when applicable
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program