Vice President Strategy and Optimization
PeacockNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
The Vice President, Strategy and Optimization will be responsible for developing, executing, and leading the planning, strategy and overall roadmap for the scaling of Peacock's tech ops, ensuring that the highest levels of performance, availability, and reliability are met. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Site Reliability & US Operations this role will partner with the business and technology teams to help create world-class digital strategy and optimization capabilities at NBCU & strengthen our position as a digital leader in the media industry.
• Lead Tech Ops Strategic Planning that aggregates corporate business planning, competitive intelligence, strategic analysis, innovation, automation, network planning and optimization.
• Manage the planning, implementation, and scaling of tech ops processes, technologies, and roles as Peacock expands.
• Direct and oversee a strategic analysis group responsible for Tech Ops portfolio management, reporting analysis, performance management, implementation of the Quarterly Business review, project management, roadmap development and execution and project documentation management.
• Build and maintain a function of trusted advisors who can communicate a deep understanding of Peacock's pipeline, technology, current and future market and help the organization make informed long-term decisions.
• Drive continuous improvement through effective organizational management, budgeting, reporting, project management and operational excellence within the function.
• Oversee automation strategy & implementation, identifying opportunities and deliverables where automation can drive time savings or net innovative solutions.
• Structure and perform key business analysis to determine profitability and strategy (such as cloud cost forecast and optimization analysis) and reports results to senior management.
• Develop and recommend strategy changes and future strategies based on development of financial models and synthesis of internal and external research findings.
• Implement, set and measure customer centric operational KPIs across the organization and enable continuous improvement.
• Encourage growth, innovation, and collaboration so that managers and their teams are operating at a high level of performance.
• Deep understanding of TechOps, technology trends, automation trends and future of TechOps such as AIOps.
• Ability to think strategically, understand complex business/financial data, and develop operational plans and organizational structures.
• Experience translating strategic decisions into financial / economic models that enable the business to evaluate impact of strategic choices.
• Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
• Experience leading strategic initiatives that have long-term business impact.
• Ability to drive results and growth with a customer-centric focus.
• A cross-functional, collaborative mindset with solid understanding of strategic and operational planning and business processes.
• Energized by hard problems and always looking for ways to do things better / make the company better.
• Knowledge and experience working in an Agile development environment a plus.
• Strong leader of a room and persuasive communicator of a vision.
• Ability to provide thoughtful, strategic insights in a clear and concise manner to senior leadership.
• Must be an excellent team player that possesses solid interpersonal and organizational skills and is able to interact with all levels of management.
• Excellent communicator in both oral and written settings.
• High energy level and a strong work ethic, someone who is self-driven and is an independent thinker.
• Results-oriented, decisive.
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, complemented by a flexible approach to shifting priorities.