Vice President, Reliability & Performance
PeacockNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/16/2021 8:01:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Vice President, Reliability & Performance jobs in New York-NY
Search all Vice President, Reliability & Performance postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Vice President, Reliability & Performance?
Full Time Job
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
Peacock is seeking a Vice President, Reliability & Performance. This role will be a seasoned leader who will partner with the business and technology teams to further the creation of world-class digital capabilities at NBCU & strengthen our position as a global digital leader in the media industry.
• Lead a team of Senior Managers in all aspects of Reliability and Performance for the NBC Direct to Consumer applications including Performance, Resiliency, Persistence, Security, Systems & SRE within various functions related to the support of NBCU workstreams.
• Group lead in delivery of CxO presentation materials including PowerPoint, Vision and MS Project.
• Build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems by combining infrastructure and systems engineering.
• Drive a team (both direct reports and additional program stakeholders outside direct organization) with diverse skillsets to deliver work back schedules & roadmaps for cross functional delivery across a variety of workstreams.
• Manage optimization of developed systems to ensure non-functional requirements perform to agreed upon standards while under load (and disruptive load.)
• Proactively predict and prevent disruptive events including reactive analysis of these events to ensure predictability and reliability of systems.
• Drive standardization of persistence technologies via central expertise and common tooling ensuring best practices regarding data availability and integrity across multiple systems.
• Ensure appropriate security maturity by driving strategic direction of security and proactive measurement through audit and automation.
• Combine software, infrastructure and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems.
• Minimum ten (10) years' experience in a role demonstrating strong technical, quantitative, and analytical skills.
• Minimum ten (10) years' experience developing business cases and quantifying ROI and benefits from technology products and services.
• Minimum five (5) years' experience working directly with various technical disciplines (infrastructure, software engineering, video deliver) and defined product requirements for creation of project plans and workback schedules to not only drive but define process and successfully hand off deliverables.
• Extensive experience working in a matrixed organization with large cross section of senior level functional stakeholders.
• Expert in TV platforms with multiple propositions, huge concurrent viewing audiences and spiky traffic patterns.
• Expertise with the Agile methodology and process.
• Proven track record of delivering systems with 99.999% service availability.
• Business leader and collaborator with the ability to effectively manage a large set of senior resources, set KPI's for program and track workstreams to achieve goals and objectives of program needs
• Strong leader of a room and persuasive communicator of a vision.
• Ability to provide thoughtful, strategic insights in a clear and concise manner to senior leadership.
• Must be an excellent team player that possesses solid interpersonal and organizational skills and is able to interact with all levels of management.
• Excellent communicator in both oral and written settings.
• High energy level and a strong work ethic, someone who is self-driven and is an independent thinker.
• Results-oriented, decisive.
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, complemented by a flexible approach to shifting priorities.