Technical Program Manager
PeacockNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/15/2021 1:02:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Technical Program Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Technical Program Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Technical Program Manager?
Full Time Job
Technical Program Manager, Peacock, Direct-To-Consumer
The Program Manager for the Peacock Technology Team is a dynamic and seasoned program management technologist who is passionate about envisioning and developing world class digital capabilities at NBCU. The role will play a pivotal part in the development and execution of the NBCU's digital strategy, collaborating with various technology teams in execution of programs and key initiatives.
This position will provide technical program management expertise in the software development lifecycle both for external client implementations as well as internal departmental project initiatives. The role requires the ability to capture technical product and business requirements and lead teams across various functions such as Engineering, Dev, and QA and ensure that the business goals and milestones are met. This is a client-facing role requiring excellent communication skills (both verbal and written). It provides an opportunity for an individual to expand beyond traditional SDLC technologies and systems by leading cutting-edge digital product initiatives within the video streaming space.
The Program Manager will manage executive stakeholder expectations and drive to accurately capture business goals, budgets, event driven timelines, complex legal and product requirements and diligently work to deliver on high profile projects and ensure the broader program team has clear expectations of milestones, dependencies, and risks by reporting and presenting materials regularly.
• Establish & maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders and partners
• Lead in the analysis, design, and development stages of partner implementations, achieving all project milestones, external dependencies, and service level agreements
• Maintain product backlogs, sprint backlogs, and user stories as needed to align with Dev
• Assist in planning and running workshop sessions with an end goal of delivering comprehensive roadmaps and supporting business cases
• Develop project, release, and rollout plans for medium to large-scale projects varying in complexity
• Communicate status and expectations of project timelines to all levels of the organization
• Participate in after-hours deployments, upgrades, troubleshooting, and/or on-call availability as needed for premium live events and partner product launches
• Work with our broad partner set roles including Developers, Engineers, QA, Support, and Operations for a variety of high-profile clients in the Sport and Media industry
• Minimum five (5) years' experience of relevant project/program management experience with proven record of leading consumer facing products
• Minimum five (5) years' experience in a role demonstrating strong technical, quantitative and analytical skills
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with business stakeholders and technology teams
• Minimum basic skills in creating Microsoft Project Plans, Project Charters, and Visio docs
• Proficient with project management tools such as Jira, Basecamp, or other
• Proficiency in working with the Software Development Lifecycle
• Basic understanding of mobile, tablet and OTT connected devices and protocols
• Self-starter and collaborator with the ability to engage with stakeholders directly, set agenda and goals and drive the conversation to achieve goals
• Experience in enabling customer workflows and operations
• Experience managing large, complex initiatives to on-time completion in large matrixed organizations
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered (note job #: )
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Availability to travel as required
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Experience with HTTP, DNS, UDP, MPEG TS, Aspera FASP, Zixi and various other transport protocols and network/compression concepts and plus
• Familiar with event-based projects and an ability to work in high stress, high visibility environments
• Exposure to any web application development and performance testing
• Exposure to video streaming protocols such as RTMP, Smooth, HLS, DASH, and CMAF
• Experience working in the media or entertainment industry
• Passion to learn new models, programs, organizations, and systems
• Self-Starter able to ramp up quickly and be comfortable in a fast-changing environment
• Ability to excel in ambiguous, dynamic, changing, and extremely challenging environments
• A change agent who embraces change eagerly, breaks new ground, and is contemptuous of the status quo. Strives to make our technology â€˜best in class' â€'' welcoming new approaches and thinking when it comes to digital systems and products