Technical Product Owner, Video Player Technology
Full Time Job
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
Technical Product Owner - Video Player Technology, Peacock
The Video Player Technology team is looking for a Technical Product Owner to take ownership of the requirements analysis process and contribute to the success of Video Player Technology. You will work closely and collaboratively with engineers and stakeholders across Peacock technology, and be part of an inclusive, high-performing team.
What the team does
• Develops libraries providing video playback capabilities of DASH and HLS formats, including ad insertion and video analytics
• Collaborates with video streaming and encoding teams to drive innovation and improvements in video delivery and playback user experience
• Collaborates with teams building Peacock applications, ensuring optimal integration of the video players libraries on all types of devices
• Work closely and collaboratively with stakeholders to understand new features and initiatives
• Break down functional and non-functional requirements into user stories, and present them to the team in planning sessions
• Predict potential problems, identify edge cases and outline key risks or issues together with the team and ensure they are communicated to the Engineering Managers
• Documenting features or initiatives through API documentation, sequence diagrams or feature documentation
• Prepare and facilitate pre-planning/planning sessions with the team for weekly iterations, based on the priorities on our product roadmap
• Understand how the video player interacts with other Peacock components and contribute to ensuring these integrations are both resilient and reliable
• Facilitate estimation sessions with the team to obtain high level roadmap estimates and RAID logs
• Be a constant source of product information and direction for the team
• Support the team in delivering high impact, high quality work that is built with focus on optimal user experience
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and demonstrable experience working with highly collaborative software engineering teams
• Experience working with BDD, writing detailed user stories and supporting acceptance criteria
• Hands on experience defining and documenting technical requirements and translating them into user stories/accompanying documentation
• Ability to communicate effectively and explain complex problems in a simple way
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Enjoy collaborating with others, both inside and outside the team
• Understanding of deadlines, constraints and scope of delivery and experience working with the business partners to ensure the right balance between these are met, setting expectations and handling risks early
• Ability to integrate into a large agile development project and manage rapid development cycles
• Understanding of the basics of video streaming technologies
• Interest in promoting an inclusive team culture where engineers of diverse backgrounds can grow
• Committed to quality in every assignment, large or small
• Transparency, selflessness and authenticity.