Sr. Technical Project Manager
Full Time Job
At Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal you'll find more than a job. Here you'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team of unique birds who want to beâ€¯at theâ€¯epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. We work hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
The Senior Technical Project Manager for the NBCUniversal Sports & Entertainment Technology Team is a dynamic and seasoned project management technologist who is passionate about envisioning and developing world class digital capabilities at NBCU. The role will play a pivotal part in the development and execution of the NBCU's digital strategy, collaborating with various technology teams in execution of programs and key initiatives.
This position will provide technical project management expertise in the software development lifecycle both for our websites and applications, as well as internal departmental project initiatives. The role requires the ability to capture technical product and business requirements and lead teams across various functions such as Product, Engineering, Dev, and QA and ensure that business goals and milestones are met. This is a technical role requiring excellent communication skills (both verbal and written). It provides an opportunity for an individual to expand beyond traditional SDLC technologies and systems by leading cutting-edge digital product initiatives within the video streaming space.
The Senior Technical Project Manager (STPM) is responsible for the planning, development, and on-going operations of applications and websites which stream live video and video on demand content. The STPM guides the end to end Agile software development process including requirements gathering, development, testing and deployment, delivering cross-platform streaming products, with the overarching goal of shipping best in class video experiences within scope, budget and timelines. The STPM will manage stakeholder expectations and drive to manage business goals, event driven timelines, complex technical and product requirements and diligently work to deliver on high profile projects and ensure the broader project team has clear expectations of milestones, dependencies, and risks.
• Manage a medium to large-sized portfolio of projects strategically, identifying synergies amongst a series of inter-related projects to help define an optimal project roadmap
• Collaborate with product, technical, and operational teams to determine business and technical requirements for new product delivery
• Create detailed project schedules/plans, test plans, risk plans, budgets, communication plans, scope statements, etc. using generally accepted project management processes and tools
• Maintain product backlogs, sprint backlogs, and user stories as needed to align with the development teams
• Develop resource plans by working with team leaders to ensure appropriate resources are in place throughout each project
• Provide guidance to internal and vendor teams on project requirements and integrations
• Coordinate project deliverables to ensure team is on track and communicate progress to all stakeholders in an organized and formal manner
• Incorporate quality control processes into each project and coordinate QA, load testing and User Acceptance Testing
• Proactively identify opportunities to adjust processes for efficiencies.
• Help develop strategies and procedures for continual improvement for project delivery.
• Clearly and concisely articulate complex concepts for a variety of audiences.
• Work with internal and external stakeholders including Developers, Engineers, QA, Support, and Video Operations
• Participate in after-hours deployments, upgrades, troubleshooting, and/or on-call availability as needed for premium live events and product launches
• Have 7 years of project management experience, managing multiple concurrent initiatives
• Have experience in managing the development of consumer-facing software, ideally cross-platform, native client applications
• Have strong technical proficiency demonstrated in any number of ways, ex. coding or QA background or technical writing, demonstrable knowledge of HTTP or JSON / REST APIs, etc.
• Have in-depth experience executing both Agile and Waterfall software development methodologies
• Have mastered industry-standard project management tools such as Microsoft Project and JIRA
• Have excellent professional writing skills and able to provide verbal explanations of status and technical issues with precision and accuracy
• Excel at working with project stakeholders to define project scope and objectives, and able to effectively communicate requirements to development teams
• Excel in leading effective meetings (keeping teams on track), you plan, document decisions and follow up
• Display initiative, take a proactive approach, and are able to start the conversation
• Negotiate with skill and are able to identify a solution path for various competing requirements or stakeholder preferences
• Learn quickly and enthusiastically, particularly about technical systems and issues
• Are passionate about your career, take strong ownership of the initiatives you manage, and you continue to develop and refine essential Project Management skills
• Are obsessed with managing quality applications, always working to better said products
• Are a Certified ScrumMaster or have PMP certification
• Familiar with event-based projects and an ability to work in high stress, high visibility environments
• Exposure to video streaming protocols such as HLS, DASH, and CMAF
• Experience working in the media or entertainment industry
• Passion to learn new models, programs, organizations, and systems
• Self-Starter able to ramp up quickly and be comfortable in a fast-changing environment