Sr Product Designer
PeacockNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Sr Product Designer, Peacock Product Design, Viewing Experience
Peacock is the place to stream thousands of hours of hit movies and shows, exclusive originals, live sports, news, and pop culture. We're in need of courageous leaders and creative problem-solvers who work hard and want to be at the epicenter of content, tech, and entertainment. NBCUniversal's Peacock is growing, and we're looking for another smart, passionate, and collaborative person to join our team.
We value inclusivity in our content and our people, and believe that success is only possible when we represent the world around us. So, are you ready to join our flock?
Peacock is seeking a Senior Product Designer to evolve and elevate the experience of watching entertainment, live events, kids, news and sports content in and out of the home. As part of the product team you'll focus on user-centered design principles and a â€œdon't make me thinkâ€ understanding of usability to concept and create UX/UI solutions across TV platforms.
What You'll Do:
• Deliver production-ready UX designs in alignment with overarching business and UX goals
• Rapidly drive progress of existing work (experience designs, UX guides, information architecture, visual designs) to project completion
• Collaborate with larger UX team in ideation and concept explorations throughout projects lifecycles facilitating and driving UX solutions, discussions and planning while maintaining project oversight, until project completion
• Serve as a mentor and coach and contribute to the growing library of knowledge around User-Centered Design, through the products developed and best practice research
• Maintain a critical eye and an obsessive attention to detail.
â€¢ Degree in design, computer science, human factors or equivalent work experience
â€¢ Design professional with 8 or more years of relevant work experience
â€¢ Proven experience as design leader with ability to direct others through creative process
â€¢ Ability to clearly communicate design solutions to stakeholders.
â€¢ Understanding of interaction design principles
â€¢ Demonstrable fluency with Sketch, Figma, invision, abstract, framer.
â€¢ Excellent collaborative skills with critical thinking and creative problem solving abilities
â€¢ Ability to operate independently and manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
â€¢ Strong portfolio of solid web, mobile and multi-media required
â€¢ Deep knowledge of cross-platform usability standards and UI specifications.
â€¢ Understanding of platforms like Roku, Fire TV, Samsung, Apple TV, X1, etc.
â€¢ Experience designing for accessibility and international audiences also a plus