Sr. Counsel, Business And Legal Affairs - Dtc
PeacockUniversal City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/15/2023 6:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Sr. Counsel, Business And Legal Affairs - Dtc jobs in Universal City-CA
Search all Sr. Counsel, Business And Legal Affairs - Dtc postings
Full Time Job
This position will provide (1) legal support for a wide variety of software and related technology licenses and services, and (2) business and product counseling to the Direct-to-Consumer group's Product and Technology teams (among others), including as to Peacock, international streaming services powered by the Peacock platform, and a host of NBCU broadcast and cable network apps and websites. The team handles transactions that enhance the core platform, operate its infrastructure components and satisfy business objectives off-platform (for example, marketing technology). This role will report to one of the division's Vice Presidents.
• Independently draft, review, negotiate and interpret a range of contracts and other legal documents, including software and technology licenses.
• Develop and maintain direct relationships with assigned client groups.
• Coordinate with Privacy and Information Security teams to ensure personal data and confidential information is collected, used, and secured in accordance with the law and company policy.
• Work closely with product owners to advise on business and legal matters posed by developments to the Direct-to-Consumer properties and applicable laws.
• Provide timely and thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues, and propose practical, business-oriented solutions.
• Maintain an awareness and understanding of the latest developments in the law and technology as they relate to digital media.
• Identify and implement improvements to forms and processes.
• Other matters as needed at the direction of the division's Vice President and other more senior attorneys.
• This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
• Member of New York or California bar.
• JD or LLM degree from an accredited law school.
• 6 years of relevant legal experience.
• Experience in digital / new media, including a thorough understanding of and demonstrated proficiency with technology agreements.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered and must be willing to submit transcripts.
• Willingness to work nights and on weekends, if needed.
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing to work in Playa Vista, CA, Los Angeles, CA or New York, NY.
• Outstanding analytic, communication and organizational skills, including excellent drafting and negotiation skills.
• Comfortable making legal decisions and advising on business risks in tight timelines.
• Collaborative, team-oriented approach.
• Ability to explain complex legal concepts to business and creative executives, build consensus across business units, think creatively, and collaborate with other executives to address business needs.
• Strong academic credentials.
• Sound business judgment, and flexibility/adaptability to manage multiple, wide-ranging matters, conflicting deadlines, and new areas of expertise as business needs change.
• Proactively identify, prioritize, and resolve legal issues quickly and effectively.
• Demonstrated ability, in a positive and practical manner, to approach complex legal scenarios in a thoughtful and analytical fashion
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $165,000-$200,000 (bonus eligible).
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.