Full Time Job
Senior Counsel, International Regulatory Compliance & Data Security
Position: Senior Counsel, International Regulatory Compliance & Data Security
Location: London, New York, or Stamford
Reports to: VP, International Regulatory Compliance & Data Security
ABOUTWelcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!The Senior Counsel, International Regulatory Compliance and Data Security serves as legal point of contact for the Peacock legal team for compliance with ex-US laws including consumer, telecommunications, media and data privacy regulations. This role will report to the VP International Regulatory Compliance and Data Security.
• Track applicable consumer, media, production, telecommunications, financial, and data privacy regulations in the United Kingdom, European Union, Latin America, Canada, Asia/Pacific and other jurisdictions. Manage Peacock's compliance with applicable regulations related to consumer and viewing product, technology and data use.
• Provide sound, practical legal/regulatory advice to the Peacock team, including its technology and product teams and senior business leaders, regarding compliance with applicable laws and company policies.
• Conduct comprehensive business risk assessment to identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop/implement risk mitigation and corrective action plans for areas of heightened risk or problematic issues; and provide guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
• Ensure that red flags, complaints and alleged violations of law, rules, and regulations are being appropriately identified, evaluated, investigated and resolved in a timely and effective manner in collaboration with other appropriate departments (e.g., Litigation, Employment Law, Internal Audit, Human Resources, Security, etc.).
• Coordinate with the NBCU International Privacy group to counsel and support the Peacock product and technology teams on privacy issues in connection with the collection and use of consumer data, including business intelligence, advanced advertising, customer experience, and related business and technology initiatives.
• Address and manage other matters as needed at the direction of Peacock's General Counsel/SVP Regulatory Compliance and Data Security and Vice President International Regulatory Compliance and Data Security.
• Qualified lawyer from an EU, UK, or US jurisdiction, or equivalent, with a minimum of 7-10 years of legal experience, including consumer, media, privacy, and/or technology regulatory experience, and involving in-house experience, service in a top tier law firm and/or relevant government position.
• Knowledge of compliance mandates and regulatory bodies across the globe (especially EU/UK) that are critical to an online streaming platform that is part of a publicly-traded, global company.
• Working knowledge of international data privacy laws (especially EU/UK), including data protection, retention, security and breach rules.
• Unrestricted authorization to work in the United Kingdom or the United States.
• Willingness to work within commuting distance of one of the locations listed above.
• Strong academic credentials.
• Outstanding analytic, communication and organizational skills.
• Collaborative, team-oriented approach.
• Comfortable making legal decisions and advising on business risks.
• Ability to explain complex legal concepts to business executives, build consensus across disciplines within the Peacock team, think creatively, and collaborate with other executives to address business needs.
• Ability to multi-task and to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong work ethic.
We are proud to be a disability confident employer and we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you. Accessibility Statement | NBCUnicareers