PeacockNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Counsel, Regulatory Compliance and Data Security, Peacock
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
The Senior Counsel, Regulatory Compliance and Data Security serves as the main legal point of contact for the Peacock technology transactions, product, data and ad sales teams for compliance with US and state data privacy, consumer protection and other laws. This role will report to the SVP Regulatory Compliance and Data Security.
• Track applicable US and state data privacy, consumer and other regulations and industry standards. Manage Peacock's compliance with applicable regulations and industry standards related to the Peacock consumer and viewing product, ad sales, and technology and data use.
• Work with the Peacock technology transactions team and NBCUniversal corporate legal affairs and ad sales legal team to review, identify and track data sharing, collection and use in Peacock transactions and use cases and advise on privacy related contractual language and controls.
• Oversee uses of data for growth marketing and advanced advertising to ensure compliance with privacy and consumer protection laws supporting the Peacock data and growth marketing teams and the NBCUniversal ad sales team.
• Provide sound, practical legal/regulatory advice to the Peacock team, including its data, technology and product teams and senior business leaders, regarding compliance with applicable data privacy laws and company policies.
• Conduct comprehensive business risk assessments to identify potential areas of vulnerability and risk; develop/implement risk mitigation and corrective action plans for areas of heightened risk or problematic issues; and provide guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
• Manage, track and follow up on status of technical compliance with legal requirements across the business.
• Coordinate with the NBCU privacy group to counsel and support the Peacock data, product and technology teams on privacy issues in connection with the collection and use of consumer data, including business intelligence, advanced advertising, customer experience, and related business and technology initiatives.
• Other matters as needed at the direction of Peacock's General Counsel and Senior Vice President Regulatory Compliance and Data Security.
• Minimum of 7 years of legal experience, including in-house experience, service in a top tier law firm and/or relevant government position.
• Knowledge of the various US and state data privacy laws, including data protection, retention, security and breach rules as well as US and state consumer protection laws and industry standards.
• A law degree from an ABA-accredited law school is required.
• Must be a member in good standing of the State Bar of New York or a member in good standing of another State Bar and registered in New York as in-house counsel.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered and must be willing to submit transcripts.
• Willingness to work nights and on weekends, if needed.
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY and travel occasionally as needed.
• Strong academic credentials.
• Outstanding analytic, communication and organizational skills.
• Collaborative, team-oriented approach.
• Comfortable making legal decisions and advising on business risks.
• Ability to explain complex legal concepts to business executives, build consensus across disciplines within the Peacock team, think creatively, and collaborate with other executives to address business needs.
• Ability to multi-task and to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong work ethic.