Senior Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs
PeacockNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/27/2021 5:41:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Senior Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs postings
Full Time Job
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
This position will serve as the main legal point of contact and provide legal support for a wide variety of software and related technology licenses, as well as new media distribution agreements, for the Direct-to-Consumer & Digital business including Peacock. This role will report to the division's Vice President.
• Independently draft, review, negotiate and interpret a range of contracts and other legal documents, including software and technology licenses for use in connection with the service and with Digital Enterprises properties.
• Work closely with distribution executives to strategically plan, negotiate and draft the agreements relating to the distribution of the service and Digital Enterprises properties in various new media outlets.
• Coordinate with Privacy and Information Security teams to ensure personal data and confidential information is collected, used and secured in accordance with the law and company policy.
• Provide timely and thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues, and propose practical, responsive solutions.
• Maintain an awareness and understanding of the latest developments in the law and technology as they relate to the exploitation of content in digital media.
• Identify and implement improvements to forms and processes.
• Partner with NBCUniversal business executives, as well as colleagues in the Law Department, to discuss and implement best practices and formulate new processes in connection with business needs.
• Other matters as needed at the direction of the division's Vice President.
• Member of New York bar or other U.S. state bar.
• JD or LLM degree from an accredited law school.
• 7 years of relevant legal experience.
• Experience in digital / new media, including a thorough understanding of and demonstrated proficiency with the technology and distribution agreements.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered and must be willing to submit transcripts.
• Willingness to work nights and on weekends, if needed.
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Strong academic credentials.
• Outstanding analytic, communication and organizational skills, including excellent drafting and negotiation skills.
• Collaborative, team-oriented approach.
• Comfortable making legal decisions and advising on business risks.
• Sound business judgment, and flexibility/adaptability to manage multiple, wide-ranging matters, conflicting deadlines, and new areas of expertise as business needs change.
• Proactively identify, prioritize and resolve legal issues quickly and effectively.
• Demonstrated ability, in a positive and practical manner, to approach complex legal scenarios in a thoughtful and analytic fashion.
• Ability to explain complex legal concepts to business and creative executives, build consensus across business units, think creatively, and collaborate with other executives to address business needs.