QA Functional Tester, Peacock
Confidential Via Staffing FirmBeverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here youâ€™ll find more than a job. Youâ€™ll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
Join us as an QA Functional Tester and you'll be part of a dynamic team that makes sure our technology delivers the best experience for our customers.
What You'll Do:
• Helping to define and manage our testing processes
• Participating in the team's agile planning & delivery process
• Reporting and triaging detailed bug reports
• Running technical root cause analysis of defects
• Writing and executing functional tests
• Testing features across web, mobile, and TV platforms
• Communicating with partners for app certifications
• Participating in release management activities
• Supporting production deployments
• Working with customer support on production issues
• Participating in the testing of production emergency bug fixes
• Ensuring the best User Experience possible
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in Quality Assurance
• Passionate about customer experience and product quality
• Experience with web, mobile or STB devices
• Basic knowledge of networking and HTTP Protocol
• Ability to track down the root cause of a defect using debugging tools
• Ability to work well in a team, self-driven and eager to learn
• Creative thinking, analytical skills, with attention to detail
• Very well organized and methodical
• Fluent in English
• Able to create scripts for testing tools in one or more scripting languages
• Experience with OTT video streaming and/or testing TV devices
• Experience with web design, communication and â€œout-of-the-boxâ€ attitude