Product Designer, Viewing Experience
PeacockNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Product Designer, Viewing Experience, Peacock
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
Peacock, NBCUniversal's new video streaming service launching in 2020, is seeking a product designer to evolve and elevate the experience of watching entertainment, live, kids, news and sports content on TV, mobile and web. As part of the product team, you will collaborate with product, technology, marketing, data, and insights teams to elegantly solve problems for users while driving business value. This is an opportunity to be the voice of the user on a fast-paced and ambitious service.
In this role, you will:
• Work closely with product managers to understand goals for content discovery around the homepage, live video, playlists, search, bingeing and more
• Optimize across multiple platforms, including TV, web and mobile, leaning into the capabilities of each
• Take designs from concept to wireframe to prototype, and deliver final assets with detailed documentation for developers for multiple renderings
• Work closely with external design partners to apply and refine our existing design system
• Collaborate with data and research teams on discovery, user testing and validation
• Collaborate with remote development teams to balance feasibility and usability, and facilitate accurate implementation of designs
• Be an essential part of defining and advocating for design priorities on the roadmap for apps, mobile, web and partner platforms
• Help build a design culture at Peacock
What you have:
• Aesthetic sense: An ability to design with taste, and iterate with data
• Empathy: A drive to understand and speak for the user
• Vision: An ability to simplify complex problems
• Communication skills: An ability to build consensus but also respond to and give constructive, candid feedback
• Detail orientation: The patience and curiosity to discover and defend the right solution, and iterate rapidly
• Passion: An appreciation for design thinking/sprints and a love for creating usable, innovative products
• A strong portfolio reflecting your thoughtful, effective UX and UI decisions
• Experience with visual design, interaction design, and strategic product thinking
• 3-5 years experience in product design, preferably in consumer-facing content experiences
• BA/BFA with a design focus
• Fluency with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch and Principle
• Experience with user testing and the design validation process
• Experience designing for multiple platforms, especially TV experiences, mobile and desktop
• Knowledge of additional platforms like Roku, Amazon Fire, Samsung, X1, and voice-enabled devices a plus
• Experience designing for accessibility and international audiences also a plus