Manager, Post-Production, Peacock Kids
PeacockUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here youâ€™ll find more than a job. Youâ€™ll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
Peacock Kids is a division within Peacock that develops, produces, and distributes digitally native content for kids on a variety of platforms, including the YouTube channels, Peacock Kids and Colossal Cranium.
Peacock Kids is seeking a Manger of Post-Production to lead our kid-focused video post-production team with a variety of tasks including planning, executing, tracking progress, and managing the delivery of all assets for our content. This includes planning quick-turn post production workflows, maintaining schedules, following up on outstanding deliverables, and organizing assets for delivery. In addition, this role will manage and maintain all post-related processes and procedures and ensure the highest quality standards through organization and attention to detail.
This highly collaborative position offers the opportunity to help shape fun content for kids. Ideal candidates are organization-obsessed, detail-oriented, expert communicators, and passionate about digital content.
• Schedule, track, troubleshoot, and coordinate projects as they move through post, and be able to pivot when necessary.
• Lead, manage, and mentor a staff of full-time editors, AE, and coordinator.
• When necessary, lead the sourcing, hiring, and training of freelance employees.
• Lead process/workflow improvement projects, such as creating and implementing data management systems to streamline asset sharing from creative team and branded content clients.
• Work closely with the editors and producers we support to make sure they have what they need throughout the edit and delivery process, and keep them informed to manage priorities of the business unit.
• Create & maintain best practices for the department.
• Review budgets and schedules, providing feedback internally and externally on viability and risks.
• Work with Producers to develop post-production budget and schedule.
• Track and manage all post-related costs, keeping finance, production, and creative stakeholders apprised of status.
• Proactively identifying problems to creative stakeholders and working through solutions with them.
• Coordinate/Communicate with 3rd Party productions on asset standards and delivery.
• Prepare video files for distribution according to client & platform specifications.
• Interface with NBCU Post-Production Engineering team regarding post-production workflow system updates and archiving.
• Collaborate with Content Strategy team to prepare existing content for use on platforms outside of YouTube.
• Manage archive of video deliverables for thousands of pieces of content, conform records to internal standards, and delegate creation missing deliverables when possible.
• Ensure quality assurance standards are upheld for both internally produced and 3rd party produced content. Manage video deliverables.
• Migrate content to and from temporary storage servers and permanent archive/warehouse
• Act as liaison with 3rd Party vendors. (e.g. stock footage, captions, NBCU music library etc.)
• Identify/Source new post vendors.
• 5 yearsâ€™ experience in post-production environments. Must show some experience in an organizational or management capacity (ex: Post Supervisor, Post Coordinator, Lead Editor)
• Experience with Video and audio editing/coloring, After Effects, Media Asset Management, Cloud-based workflows.
• Proven technical background in post-production is required.
• Experience building and managing teams.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Familiarity with using Adobe Creative Suite especially with Premiere, Media Encoder, and After Effects.
• Ability to communicate directly and strategically between multiple parties, sharing knowledge across the business as needed.
• Strong organizational, prioritization, collaboration, and time management skills.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered.
• Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice.
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCUâ€™s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Experience with video and audio formats, and music cue sheets.
• Ability to think on your feet and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Bonus points for familiarity with Airtable, After Effects, Microsoft SharePoint, YouTube, and experience with cloud-based editing workflows.