Manager, Platform Editorial, Sports, Peacock
PeacockNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/22/2022 6:11:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager, Platform Editorial, Sports, Peacock jobs in New York-NY
Search all Manager, Platform Editorial, Sports, Peacock postings
Full Time Job
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here youâ€™ll find more than a job. Youâ€™ll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversalâ€™s new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
Weâ€™re growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. Creative problem-solvers who never fail to win the sports pie slice in trivial pursuit and can out waiver-wire anyone in their fantasy sports league. So, if this sounds like you, join our flock.
NBCUniversal is hiring a Manager of Platform Editorial (Sports) to join a rock-solid team responsible for project managing live streams, publishing fast-turnaround replays, curating playlists and identifying high performance highlights from an array of sports events across the Peacock service. We are seeking a cool-headed, detail-obsessed operator who is adept at managing the ebb and flow of a massive schedule. The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience driving engagement with complex marquee events (which for Peacock will mean events like the Olympic Games, the NFL, Premier League, NASCAR and more), but must also be able curate and promote the content for niche fandoms like lacrosse, figure skating, cycling and dozens of other global sports.
The Editorial team is tasked with curating the Peacock content offering across all products and audience segments, including merchandising live events and related publishing operations. It is a 24/7 operation responsible for updating content based on performance, programming tactics and events unfolding in real time, working in coordination with the Video Operations, Product, Marketing and Customer Support teams in addition to other stakeholders.
The successful candidate for this role will bring hands-on experience managing complex digital publishing projects - including digital streams from live televised sports events â€'' along with an aptitude with a variety of content management systems and a sense of personal responsibility for the accuracy of their work. To excel in this role, you must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment, set and meet deadlines for publishing large volumes of content, own the project management of assets and logistics for multiple events, prioritize based on data and communicate fluently with Video Operations, Product, Marketing and Programming teams.
• Oversee and ensure the execution of live events, proactively preventing issues before they happen and minimizing impact on the user experience when they do
• Process, write, and refine metadata for a variety of sporting events, streaming series, and other live events
• Liaison between the Operations, Product, Sales, and Programming teams to ensure that all parties are informed of all aspects of events and all pertinent information has been received by Editorial
• Support the Platform Editorial Sr. Manager in product enhancements, process optimizations, and strategic decision making
• Proactively research all sports and events streamed on Peacock to accurately advise on programming priorities, curation strategies, and optimized promotional aesthetics
• BA degree with a minimum three years of experience working on digital media platforms
• Minimum two years of experience specifically managing title operations or publishing at a large-scale editorial, e-commerce or video service.
• Previous experience working on live streamed events and live streaming operations
• Demonstrable ability to manage an ever-changing content pipeline 7 days a week.
• Exhibit excellent organization and communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to clearly and concisely articulate workflows and concepts for a variety of audiences
• A history of establishing KPIs and targets, and then working to hit those goals.
• Maintain strong leadership skills and committed to being a team player
• Proactively identify opportunities to adjust processes for efficiencies. Help develop strategies and procedures for continual improvement for editorial operations
• Excellent writing and presentation skills.
• A passion for sports, news, television and movies.
• Ability to work holidays, weekends, late nights and whenever sports happen around the world.
• Ability to work at 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York or Stamford, CT
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols