Manager, Metadata QA, Peacock
PeacockNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/11/2022 10:38:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager, Metadata QA, Peacock jobs in New York-NY
Search all Manager, Metadata QA, Peacock postings
Full Time Job
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here youâ€™ll find more than a job. Youâ€™ll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
Peacock is looking for a Manager of Metadata QA to help support our rapidly growing content library. You'll enforce our copywriting style guidelines and artwork specifications and provide recommendations to key stakeholders on best practices for content optimization, normalization and discoverability. Organization and a keen editorial compass will benefit you greatly in this role. Experience with multi-language variants, messaging and phrasing will also be important.
The ideal candidate will be able to manage and prioritize the critical day-to-day operational metadata QA needs of our video content workflow; leading editorial copy reviews with both internal and external partners for the timely delivery and accurate representation of our programming catalog.
Your proofreading and copyediting skills will ensure all on-demand, video-related content meets the exacting standards we've established for ourselves. This dedication to precise program presentation will help provide a predictable presence for our shows within the competitive, rapidly evolving digital marketplace.
Weâ€™re also looking for those who want to help build a new corporate culture. At Peacock, we are passionate about movies, TV shows and building a new streaming service from scratch, but we think itâ€™s really important to have fun while doing so.
• Manage Peacockâ€™s metadata proofreading and copyediting services for a high volume of video content requests under deadline pressure
• Enforce editorial style guide and metadata specifications, adjusting internal standards to accommodate product updates as required
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders and external vendors to maintain copywriting communication channels, workflows and approval processes
• Establish series synopses and episodic metadata delivery cadence, helping to streamline review, revision and submission procedures
• Collaborate with international vendors to ensure that localized copy meets the standards of each region
Minimum 2 years of experience with:
o Editorial copyediting and proofreading
o Supporting content marketing and promotional strategies
Minimum 1 year of experience with:
o Content management system (CMS) publishing workflows
o Multi-language copy and metadata
o Digital artwork deliverables including, but not limited to, photography, key art and logo treatments as well as their related file formats
o Expertise with streaming apps on digital platforms and consumer products
o Navigating style guides like the AP Stylebook or the Chicago Manual of Style
• Bachelorâ€™s Degree in English, Information Resources and Library Science or related field of study
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to work evenings, extended hours, weekends or holidays as needed
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to complete proofreading and copyediting test
• Ability to work in Midtown Manhattan, New York City, New York
• Media/entertainment industry experience preferred
• Interest in linguistics and languages a major plus
• Experience with multi-language copy and metadata
• Excellent and effective communication and collaboration skills
• An understanding of people first and inclusive language
• Expertise distilling verbose phrasing into basic concepts and prose
• Proactive problem solver with the ability to prioritize and concurrently handle multiple time-sensitive requests within a high-pressure environment
• Understanding of traditional MVPD distribution in comparison to emerging OTT services: AVOD, SVOD, TVOD, PVOD