Manager, Content QA
PeacockNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
Peacock is looking for a Manager of Content QA to help support our rapidly growing streaming video catalog. You'll lead numerous content validation efforts, checking availability and playability for published video records across a variety of device platforms and services. Organization and an acuity for accuracy will benefit you greatly in this role. Experience with multi-language content review, provisioning and servicing will be a huge plus.
The ideal candidate will be able to manage and prioritize a broad assortment of quality assurance requests ranging from simple, predictable pre-launch content readiness assessments to urgent, convoluted evaluations and verification for issue management. We also hope you know your way around web browsers, smartphones, TVs, gaming consoles, cable boxes and other tech gadgets as they'll play a big part of your day-to-day work.
Your diligence in operational efficiencies will be immediately reflected on the platform, ensuring users have a consistent and enjoyable viewing experience. This dedication to precise program presentation will help ensure our success within the competitive, rapidly evolving digital marketplace.
We're also looking for those who want to help build a new corporate culture. At Peacock we are passionate about movies, TV shows and building a new streaming service from scratch, but we think it's really important to have fun while doing so.
• Manage Peacock's content quality control and assurance efforts, prioritizing and addressing high-profile, high-volume requests under tight deadlines
• Lead validation and content presence checks across a multitude of device platforms, including: mobile tablets (Amazon Fire, iPad), mobile devices (iOS, Android), streaming devices (Fire TV, Roku) game consoles (PlayStation/Xbox), smart TVs (Samsung, LG, Vizio), cable provider STBs (Cox, Xfinity)
• Maintain quality assurance guidelines and control protocols; working with technology, product, and customer service teams to analyze, regulate, and continuously improve the on-platform user experience
• Prioritize QA fulfillment tracking through our databases
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders and external vendors to streamline quality control communication channels, workflows and issue management
Minimum 2 years of experience with:
o content quality assurance testing, protocols, techniques and governance
o streaming apps on digital platforms and consumer products
o supporting content marketing & promotional strategies
Minimum 1 year of experience with:
o content management system (CMS) publishing workflows
o multi-language assets, content delivery and metadata
o research and consulting on publishing procedures, administration protocols, and industry trends
Working knowledge of:
o database management and API delivery specifications & workflows
o project management methodologies such as Agile, Scrum and collaboration products such as JIRA, Confluence and Airtable
• Bachelor's degree in Digital Media, Computer Science, Asset Management or equivalent discipline
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, extended hours or holidays as needed
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Ability to work in Midtown Manhattan, New York City, New York
• Television entertainment industry experience preferred
• Excellent and effective communication and collaboration skills
• Expertise distilling highly technical terminology into basic requirements & concepts
• Proactive problem solver with the ability to prioritize and concurrently handle multiple, time sensitive requests within a high-pressure environment
• Strategic knowledge and familiarity with streaming media platforms and services
• Understanding of traditional MVPD distribution in comparison to emerging OTT services: AVOD, SVOD, TVOD, PVOD
• Familiarity with data insights and metrics tracking tools Domo, Adobe SiteCatalyst, and Google Analytics
• Project Management certification (PMP, PMI, etc.)