Manager, Content Operations
PeacockUniversal City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/20/2021 6:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Direct to Web Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager, Content Operations jobs in Universal City-CA
Search all Manager, Content Operations postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Content Operations?
Full Time Job
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
Peacock is looking for a highly motivated content operations lead to oversee and enforce quality control (QC) standards for our growing digital library on NBC.com and NBCU's TVE apps for NBC, Bravo, E!, Oxygen, SYFY, USA, Telemundo and Universo.
As the Manager, Content Operations, you'll collaborate with a team of QC Associates to ensure that each program has the full complement of metadata and artwork components to help our consumers discover and enjoy our shows. This unique position requires you to be a master of video supply chain diplomacy; effectively negotiating and collaborating across teams for timely availability and proper representation of content.
You'll also collaborate with the Sr. Director, Metadata & Content Operations to manage the organization, prioritization, and progress of the team's internal optimization and enhancement projects.
You'll be a key subject matter expert in all areas associated with content quality control, metadata display and governance. Your diligence in driving operational efficiencies will play an instrumental role in advancing NBCUniversal's positioning within the competitive, rapidly evolving digital landscape.
• Develop and oversee QC protocols working with technology and business partners to regulate, capture, audit, analyze, and improve video content availability across TVE apps for NBC, Bravo, E!, Oxygen, Syfy, Telemundo, and USA
• Drive operational improvements to metadata asset supply chain; teaming up with editorial copywriters, video distribution specialists, digital platform producers, and support teams to proactively address all stakeholder demands and concerns
• Own the creation and maintenance of a content rollout schedule to align with department initiatives across technology, content operations, editorial and product teams
• Drive the organization, coordination, and progress of the team's internal optimization and enhancement projects backlog
• Lead operational on-boarding efforts with new partners
• Liaising with internal and external partners to ensure successful content delivery from start to finish
• Support operational metadata standards including assistance with documentation, tracking and validation
• Create, maintain and revise as needed; process maps, workflows, standard operating procedures
• • Participate in user acceptance testing during product development
• • Assist with additional projects as required by Video Distribution & Content Operations leadership team
• Bachelor's degree in Digital Media, Communications, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 2 years of experience overseeing digital operations
• Minimum 2 years of project management experience with methodologies such as Agile, Scrum and collaboration products such as JIRA and Confluence
• Experience researching and consulting on MVPD, OTT, and SVOD publishing procedures, administration protocols, and industry trends
• Experience leading and managing projects focusing on operational efficiencies
• Working knowledge of metadata specifications as well as aggregation service providers like Gracenote and TiVo
• Working knowledge of metadata related programming/markup languages and syntaxes including, but not limited to: XML, JSON
• Working knowledge of OVP services such as Anvato, thePlatform, Brightcove, and Kaltura
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, extended hours or holidays as needed
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Media and entertainment industry experience preferred
• Excellent and effective communication & collaboration skills
• Experience using Airtable, Smartsheet
• Spanish language proficiency
• Organized and detail-oriented with ability to manage own work as well as track the activities of others
• Ability to prioritize and concurrently handle multiple, time sensitive requests within a high pressure environment
• Familiarity with media asset management and workflow systems
• Familiarity with data insights and metrics tracking tools such as Domo, Adobe SiteCatalyst, and Google Analytics
• Experience distilling technical terminology into basic requirements & concepts
• Creative problem solver with a willingness to try new things when all else fails