Manager, Content Operations
PeacockNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
Peacock is looking for a process-oriented Manager of Content Operations to help support our rapidly growing video content library. Your project management expertise, eye for detail and passion for organization combined with intrinsic patience, perseverance and intuition will benefit you greatly in this role. Experience with multi-language asset management, procurement and servicing will also be important.
You'll manage video publishing and quality control project timelines, milestones, and deliverables, often under fluid conditions. Striving to continuously improve content availability schedules, communication channels and workflow handoffs between resources, you'll act as the knowledge hub for both internal and external status updates and provide appropriate guidance to ensure any dependencies or concerns are addressed.
This position requires you to be a master of time management and diplomacy; continuously auditing workstream performance while simultaneously leading collaborative negotiations for strategic reprioritization of tasks to keep the video supply chain moving. Your commitment to consistent operational governance will set the bar for overall delivery reliability and will play an instrumental role in our success within the highly competitive, ever-evolving media landscape.
We're also looking for those who want to help build a new corporate culture. At Peacock we are passionate about movies, TV shows and building a new streaming service from scratch, but we think it's really important to have fun while doing so.
• Provide project management support, responsible for servicing and supporting Peacock's on demand streaming video supply chain
• Prioritize content fulfillment tracking through Airtable
• Triage and troubleshoot content and metadata migration discrepancies throughout multiple systems
• Bring uniformity and rigor to the publishing process by increasing visibility and accountability to tasks and plans
• Develop comprehensive process, workflows and compliance guidelines with the use of Jira, Confluence, and various project management tools
• Regularly report to and ensure the satisfaction of Peacock's management team; communicating possible opportunities and escalating potential risks that may require intervention
• Manage relationships and coordinate work between internal and external resources, vendors, sub-contractors and support teams at various, remote locations
• Balance scope, schedule, quality and risks on a daily basis for high profile, deadline driven milestones and deliverables
• Generate reports in Power BI for various stakeholders
• Assist in content publishing when necessary
Minimum of 1 years of experience with:
o professional media production
o multi-language assets, content delivery and metadata
o digital content supply chains
o client services; managing relationships and negotiating changes to commitments/requirements
Proven ability to:
o collaborate, engage and effectively communicate with all levels of management
o prioritize and investigate sometimes abstract issues under deadline pressure
o MS Office: Word, PowerPoint and, most importantly, Excel
o collaboration services such as Airtable
o Atlassian software suite, specifically Jira and Confluence
• Bachelor's degree or 3 years equivalent experience in project management
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, extended hours or holidays as needed
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Ability to work in Midtown Manhattan, New York City, New York
• Strong interest in the media industry, experience in the entertainment industry a plus
• Technical background, with alacrity for design, marketing, sales, and business development
• Organized with an acute attention to detail and focus on delivering excellence
• Succinct yet effective communication and collaboration skills
• Expertise distilling highly technical terminology into basic requirements & concepts
• Proactive problem solver with the ability to prioritize and concurrently handle multiple, time sensitive requests within a high-pressure environment
• Strategic knowledge and familiarity with streaming media platforms and services
• Understanding of traditional MVPD distribution in comparison to emerging OTT services: AVOD, SVOD, TVOD, PVOD
• Familiarity with data insights and metrics tracking tools
• Project Management certification (PMP, PMI, etc.)