Full Time Job
Manager, Communications, DTC Sports (Peacock)
NBC Sports possesses an unparalleled collection of media rights agreements, partnering with some of the most prestigious sports properties in the world: the International Olympic Committee and United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee, the NFL, NASCAR, INDYCAR, PGA TOUR, The R&A, PGA of America, USGA, Churchill Downs, Premier League, Tour de France, French Open, and many more.
This role is responsible for managing and executing fresh, consumer-focused communications strategies for all NBC Sports properties, production, and programming streamed on Peacock. The ideal candidate will strategically build and execute creative multi-platform campaigns that successfully drive viewership and generate high-quality earned media across channels that support foundational goals and objectives for Peacock and NBC Sports. The ideal candidate must be a solutions-oriented leader, with a collaborative spirit and deep experience within, and extensive knowledge of, the streaming and sports landscapes. Successful candidates with be creative, motivated self-starters with incredible attention to detail, well-established, consumer-focused press relationships, and bring a team-first, solutions-oriented approach to all initiatives. a portfolio of successful, one-of-a-kind earned media and influencer campaign coverage and analysis. This position reports into the VP, Communications.
• Work closely with Peacock PR team to create cohesive strategies and serve as continuous contact for both Peacock and NBC Sports PR
• Support Peacock and NBC Sports PR teams on the creation and execution of cohesive press strategies for all sports programmed, produced, and streamed on Peacock and all other linear and digital platforms.
• Assist in the strategic development and execution of comprehensive consumer communications plans for Peacock sports content that support and align with Peacock priorities, forecasts, and goals for measured campaign impact and ROI.
• Foster strong deep relationships with consumer press and influencers across print, online and digital.
• Develop consumer-focused press materials including releases, presentations, media guides, awards submissions, bios, talking points, pitches, and campaign-related correspondence.
• Work closely with business and program executives, producers and talent on campaign strategies, materials and prepare for interviews, events and speaking opportunities.
• Promote, create, and implement unique promotional events and activities including parties, conferences, screenings, etc.
• Maintain relationships with key stakeholders across NBCU and collaborate cross functionally to maximize content promotion opportunities through marketing, publicity, symphony, and partnerships.
• Actively monitor competitive streaming sports landscape to identify press and thought leaderships opportunities.
• As part of NBC Sports Communications team and as schedule permits, assist department's promotion and coverage of big events, including the Olympics, Super Bowl, SNF, Premier League, horse racing, etc.
• Assist with management of/proactively pitching speaking opportunities for NBC Sports and Peacock executives
• Build and maintain consumer-focused press lists with a focus on promoting Peacock initiatives
• Other duties and responsibilities as necessary
• Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism or Public Relations
• Minimum seven (7) years in working in public relations and/or sports industry, with significant digital/streaming background
• Working and in-depth knowledge of Sports and Sports Media.
• Affinity for Sports to ensure overall knowledge of current trends and industry practices.
• Computer knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Proven track record of successful experience in the digital/technology space
• Knowledge of and proficiency in social media platforms and graphic design software
• Experience writing press releases required
• Experience using CisionPoint a strong plus
• Understanding of TV Sports industry, ratings, and multi-platform delivery a strong plus