Manager, Brand Marketing - Sports
PeacockNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Manager, Brand Marketing - Sports, Peacock
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
Peacock is seeking an innovative marketer to join the team and lead brand marketing for Sports properties on Peacock. This marketer will help with creating and executing best-in-class marketing campaigns to support Sports-focused initiatives that drive the business. The Manager, Brand Marketing â€'' Sports, reports to the Sr. Director, Brand Marketing â€'' Sports.
including, but not limited to the following:
• Build and implement cross company marketing plans, based on sports' seasons, tentpoles and Peacock priorities. Collaborate across Peacock Marketing Teams, NBC Sports Group and Sports partners to ensure a cohesive and comprehensive campaign.
• Work with internal teams (i.e., media, performance, CRM, Social, Editorial, etc.) to closely monitor campaign performance and optimize accordingly. This includes identifying and prioritizing events that over-index in high-value users and then proactively migrating them from key sporting events (i.e., US Open) into consuming other content on the platform to reduce likelihood of â€˜one-and-done' acquisitions.
• Spearhead After Action Reports to share Peacock Sports Marketing effectiveness, insights and propose future recommendations.
• Assume role of Peacock liaison between NBC Sports Group Marketing and Peacock Marketing to support Sports properties across the NBCUniversal ecosystem. Request and secure inventory across NBC Sports Group to amplify Peacock Sports including NBCSN on-air promotion, NBC Sports newsletter, website and social platforms.
• Monitor sports' stories and collaborate with editorial, production and Sports partners. Partner with Peacock Sport social team to recommend engagement opportunities that continue to amplify key moments/opportunities for Sports on Peacock.
• Build, manage and grow strong partner relationships across Sports partners. Develop joint marketing plans to dually promote and identify new opportunities for promotion. Coordinate engagement efforts to amplify Sports partner offering on Peacock. Track effectiveness of partner efforts and propose adjustments.
• Support transition of NBC Sports Gold subscriber migration to Peacock. Monitor migration rate and propose tactics to improve acquisition and content consumption. Spearhead data sharing between NBC Sports Group and Peacock to super serve this audience.
• Develop and launch innovative cross-functional brand and service marketing campaigns for our Sports offering (working with Sr Director, Brand Marketing and internal teams) to ensure Peacock is positioned as a market leader by speaking to its USP, diversity (breadth and depth of) content and unique product features. Ensure messaging/tactics work across the entire funnel (on-product and off) consistently, effectively and can be customized based on customer affinities, passions, usage behavior and point of consumption.
• Minimum 5 years relevant work experience, in Sports Media, Direct-to-Consumer, Entertainment and/or Digital Media
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Digital Media, Sports Marketing, Business, or a related field
• Strong knowledge of various streaming business models (AVOD, SVOD, TVOD) and extensive knowledge of the Direct-to-Consumer and/or streaming services space
• High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills with the ability to work flexibly across. departments as well as manage internal and external partners in a dynamic environment
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Willingness to work overtime, work weekday nights, and on weekends with short notice
• Passionate about sports, the live sports conversation and an affinity for entertainment and media
• Demonstrated direct-to-consumer marketing experience in a digital product
• Strong project management skills and understanding of how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment
• Analytical/strategic thinker and creative problem-solver; resourceful, able to initiate change and motivate innovation and creativity
• Highly innovative and creative with positive energy
• Excellent presentation and analytical skills
• Extremely organized, great attention to detail, and highly motivated