Legal, Distribution and Product Team
PeacockNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Legal Specialisttechnology, Distribution and Product Team At Peacock
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
The Technology, Distribution and Product group within the Peacock legal team provides support to various Peacock business units (e.g., Product, Technology, Decision Sciences, Partnerships, Marketing) including procuring technology-based products and services for the Peacock platform, identifying and advising on risks in product design and execution, and reviewing distribution and promotional engagements.
Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting experience.
• Manage and organize legal contracting process and provide first-level support for client questions.
• Work with Peacock privacy legal and cybersecurity teams to identify and address data sharing, collection and use in Peacock transactions and use cases.
• Manage, track and follow up on status of legal and technical requirements across the business.
• Develop and distribute training and guidance materials.
• Assist with various technology, distribution and product team projects and perform other program-related duties as needed.
• Either (i) a Bachelor's Degree, plus a minimum of 2 years of experience in a professional role at a law firm or in the area of digital media or technology requiring contract analysis, organizational skills and attention to detail, or (ii) a Juris Doctorate Degree.
• Experience with agreements and legal issues
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, as well as solid interpersonal skills
• Excellent computer skills (including Microsoft Word, internet sources, and ability to master many NBCU applications)
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered and must be willing to submit transcripts.
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY or Universal City, CA.
• Outstanding analytic, communication and organizational skills.
• Collaborative, team-oriented approach.
• Ability to multi-task and to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Must be detail oriented, highly organized and able to work in a fast-paced, high pressure, deadline-driven environment
• Good judgment and ability to work independently with all levels of company personnel.
• Ability to learn quickly, including operation of new databases
• Ability to exercise discretion with sensitive information
• Demonstrated ability to analyze complex information.
• Sound business judgment and flexibility/adaptability to manage multiple time-sensitive matters, including appropriately prioritizing among them.