L2 Digital Operator
This was removed by the employer on 8/6/2021 3:05:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Exhibition & Distribution Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for L2 Digital Operator jobs in Stamford-CT
Search all L2 Digital Operator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a L2 Digital Operator?
Full Time Job
L2 Digital Operator, Peacock
Role Summary and Purpose
As a Digital L2 Operator at NBC Universal (NBCU), you will be overseeing the distribution and support of NBCU's digital properties including live streams and VOD assets to internal and external distribution partners and platforms. At the core, this role will oversee a team of L1 monitoring and support personnel within the NBCU Digital Network Operations Center. This team facilitates the monitoring and control of our digital distribution operation and associated internal infrastructure. You will manage day-to-day responsibilities and staffing of the L1 team. The operation will include real-time monitoring of live streams, VOD delivery workflows, internal content processing and management systems, and a set of data aggregation tools across the entire distribution chain. You will act as L2 support and the primary point of escalation for the L1 team. In conjunction, you help oversee product support and delivery of video across on and off domain platforms.
Level 1 and Level 2 support will be facilitated by this collective group, including real-time troubleshooting, escalation, resolution and reporting of issues. The Digital L2 Operator will be a primary point of inbound and outbound escalations and communication on behalf of the greater Digital Operations organization. You will also be accountable for measuring and controlling quality across the on-air environment, by driving best practice training, technology, and workflows.
This role is a unique opportunity to help grow a state-of-the-art, cutting-edge, one-of-a-kind facility and team that will pioneer digital delivery and distribution for the industry.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
• Oversee the end-to-end distribution and support (L1) personnel to ensure the availability and reliability of NBCUniversal assets on NBC OTT Platforms
• Own and manage L1 support, including escalation, resolution and reporting across the digital footprint and larger organization
• Digital encoder set up of Tier- 1 event-based streaming across the NBC Portfolio including: NFL, Premier League, The Open Championship, The Olympics, etc.
• Assist partners and clients to resolve issues, satisfy delivery obligations and to help execute workflow changes within our dynamic environment
• Capture Proxy logging of consumer devices to assist Engineers and Developers in troubleshooting outages
• Own the timely response of support tickets and escalation to Supervisors and Incident Management team
• Own and manage strong working relationships with internal and external partners and clients
• Minimum of 2 yrs experience in Digital Operations
• Minimum of 2 years experience in Product Support or Dev Ops
• Minimum of 2 years experience in a Network Operations Center or digital distribution facility
• Minimum of 2 yrs experience in a role with a track record of effective staff management along with high energy level, and strong team skills
• Minimum of 2 yr experience working on a support team
• Willingness and ability to work or be on call at any time, sometimes on short notice in order to support a 24/7/365 operation
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered
• Must be willing to work at Stamford, CT
• Must be willing submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• BA/BS in related field
• Extensive experience, understanding and knowledge of digital product and distribution systems, standards and processes
• Technical experience with digital video and audio, troubleshooting and test techniques
• Prior experience with video encoding, delivery distribution workflows
• Experience with scheduling and resource management
• Strong attention to detail, communication and interpersonal skills
• Effectively flexible in approach, and responds well to pressure
• A track record of meeting or exceeding performance expectations
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!