Director, UX Prototyping
PeacockNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/26/2021 8:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director, UX Prototyping jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, UX Prototyping postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, UX Prototyping?
Full Time Job
Director, UX Prototyping, Peacock Product Design, Viewing Experience
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
Peacock, NBCUniversal's video streaming service, is seeking a Director UX Prototyping to evolve and elevate the experience of watching entertainment, live events, kids, news and sports content in and out of the home. As part of the product team, you will collaborate with design, product, technology, marketing, data, and insights teams to elegantly solve problems for users while driving business value. You are someone who likes to build things and experiment with the latest technologies. You're someone who stays on the cutting edge, is comfortable problem solving on your feet, and is looking for a way to blend your love of code and design!
What you will do:
• Mentor other prototypers (engineers) and elevate their development skills.
• Own timelines, roadmap and forecasting for all prototyping initiatives.
• Be a thought leader in bridging the gap between design and client engineering.
• Define processes for UX designs components and translation in client tokens.
• Build and maintain a proprietary prototype for user research and executive showcases currently built in react native.
• Be able to translate UX documents (flows, wires, comps) into functioning prototypes for multiple platforms, including TV, iOS, Android and web.
• Build prototypes across a range of visual fidelity and complexity, using different tools, platforms and programming languages.
• Collaborate daily with product managers, product designers, and user research teams in order to understand team goals for developing prototypes for user validation.
• Be able to translate design thinking to client teams.
• Be able to work on multiple projects at once.
• Build and maintain reusable frameworks and libraries to enable rapid iteration on high fidelity prototyping.
• Always stay on top of the latest industry trends and advising the product and design teams.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Design, or equivalent practical experience.
• 10 years of relevant work experience.
• Portfolio of relevant work.
• Background in leading teams and managing engineers.
• Extensive experience in UI development; working closely with designers.
• Experience building software prototypes on proprietary hardware.