Director, Peacock Technology
PeacockBeverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
At Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal youâ€™ll find more than a job. Here youâ€™ll find a fast-paced, high-flying team of unique birds who want to beâ€¯at theâ€¯epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. We work hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
Join us as a Director of App Development and you'll be part of a dynamic team that makes sure our technology delivers the best experience for our customers.
What You'll Do:
• Oversee a team of application developers across Mobile and TV development
• Report to the Head-of Peacock Application development as part of an international team
• Build a world-class team by hiring exceptional talent
• Promote coaching and team growth of engineers and managers
• Lead a team of Engineering Managers and respective teams
• Promote best technology and software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm
• Contribute to the whole development cycle, analysis, implementation, testing and operation
• Prior engineering expertise in application development (mobile/web or other)
• Previous experience running multiple teams of engineers
• Strong communication, management, and mentoring skills
• Relentless focus on our customerâ€™s experience and application performance
• An agile and dynamic approach to delivery
• Knowledge of App Architecture & Design Patterns
• Continuous Integration/Deployment tools and processes
• Ability to work well in a team, self-driven and eager to learn
• Creative thinking, analytical skills, with attention to detail