PeacockNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/30/2021 7:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director, Communications jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, Communications postings
Full Time Job
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment. As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent. Here you can fly to new heights!Director, CommunicationsThe Director of Communications will support communications and media relations initiatives for Peacock. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, the Director will be a key member of the communications team, managing internal and external communications across corporate, employee, platform/technology, distribution, international, executive, DEI, CSR, and other corporate communications initiatives. They will be charged helping to strategically build and execute multi-platform, progressive campaigns that will generate high-quality earned media to target audiences.
The candidate must have experience in media and streaming, in-house or agency corporate communications, and a portfolio of strong reporter relationships and successful earned media campaign coverage and analysis. Streaming and media experience, team management, senior executive support/experience is necessary. Ideal candidate will be a highly creative, motivated self-starter with incredible attention to detail, a team-focused attitude, and a solutions-oriented approach.
• Manage and support strategic development and execution of comprehensive communications plans in key corporate areas mentioned above.
• Foster strong contacts with print, online and electronic media.
• Pitch ideas and create promotional opportunities for talent and series.
• Generate press materials, including announcement releases, bios, talking points and reactive messaging.
• Work closely with program executives, producers, business affairs and legal to garner approval of written materials and campaign initiatives.
• Promote, create and implement special promotional activities, including events.
• Possess a strong understanding of and experience with social media.
• Help ensure that our executive, brand, IP, expertise and differentiators show in the right places at the right time, remaining top of mind for internal and external audiences.
• Write and distribute press releases and announcements, talking points, executive bios and other communications materials.
• Prepare business leaders for media interviews, press events and speaking opportunities.
• Actively monitor competitive and media landscapes to identify press and thought leadership opportunities for executives and subject-matter experts, secure stories with media, appearances in key strategic industry events and address any inaccuracies.
• Collaborate cross functionally to maximize content promotion opportunities
• Within Peacock and DTC, create synergistic opportunities through marketing, publicity, symphony and business partnerships.
• Throughout NBCU, form and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
• Bachelor's Degree
• 8 years of experience in media, entertainment and/or distribution
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Strong media relationships with industry and trade outlets
• Must be willing to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a professional attitude
• Must be able to collaborate with cross-functional teams
• A proactive multi-tasker, with the ability to prioritize and meet numerous deadlines
• Attention to detail and ability to prioritize effectively
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
• Demonstrated interest and background in entertainment industry