Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs
PeacockNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
The Marketing & Promotions group within the Peacock Business & Legal Affairs team provides legal support across various groups within Peacock, including Brand Marketing, Growth Marketing, Product, Communications, and others. The Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs, will help advise on compliance with restrictions imposed by studio licenses, guild agreements, and talent contracts, as well as state and federal consumer protection laws and intellectual property laws. In addition, this role will also assist with sweepstakes/promotions, live events, and other marketing activations, trademark and other intellectual property issues, and the unique legal issues arising out of social media. This position will report to the Marketing & Promotions group's Senior Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Drafting and negotiating marketing services agreements, including for the provision of services such as marketing strategy, social media programming, live events and marketing activations.
• Drafting and negotiating production services agreements for development, production and/or post-production services related to creative materials promoting the Peacock app and/or content available via the app.
• Drafting and negotiating various other agreements to support the marketing function, including NDA's and independent contractor agreements.
• Conducting rights review, analysis and tracking of distribution, acquisition and talent agreements.
• Reviewing creative materials and advising on clearance and rights issues.
• Providing advice on legal compliance and drafting terms and conditions, official rules and release forms for competitions, contests and sweepstakes.
• Helping to draft and advise on policies for social media, engagement of influencers and native advertising.
• In consultation with Compliance, advising on compliance with FTC, NAD, COPPA and CARU guidelines, cases and decisions.
• In consultation with Labor & Employment team, advising on SAG/AFTRA and SAG Commercials Contract issues related to advertising, marketing and exploitation.
• In consultation with Privacy legal team, providing privacy-related advice in connection with promotions and advertising campaigns.
• Providing regular training on marketing-related legal issues and risks to various client groups.
• Assist with various Marketing and Promotions group projects and perform other related duties as needed.
• J.D. from an accredited law school.
• Member of the New York State Bar or California State Bar, or willingness and qualification to be Registered in-house Counsel.
• 5 years of legal experience in a transactional role at a law firm or in-house legal department of a major media company, with some experience in marketing and advertising matters and/or intellectual property matters.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online through the link below to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY, or Los Angeles, CA.
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
• Excellent drafting, negotiating and analytical skills.
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
• Highly detail-oriented and organized, with exceptional ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Self-starter with a very strong work ethic and the ability to work both as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills.