Associate, Virtual Channels
PeacockUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
Peacock's Virtual Channels team leads the programming, scheduling, operations and measurement of a fast-growing portfolio of 24/7 linear and on-demand video channels streaming an array of entertainment, news and sports content. In developing lean-back program schedules that span Saturday Night Live, Dateline and the WWE, the team plays a key role in establishing Peacock's leadership in the FAST (free ad-supported streaming TV) channel space.
The team is hiring an Associate for Virtual Channels to help devise, build and maintain Peacock's channels portfolio. In this role, you will work directly in a variety of digital publishing systems to operate daily channel schedules that power the Peacock channels appearing on Peacock itself and in linear experiences on partner platforms. In addition, you will access numerous tools to gather performance data and derive insights that can be used to optimize channel lineups and drive consumption.
This is a hands-on role involving close collaboration with both creative and technical partners. We are seeking a highly motivated, intensely creative individual who can operate independently, is adept at swiftly handling change, has a â€œstart-upâ€ mentality, and is comfortable with troubleshooting challenges in constantly evolving technical systems.
We're also looking for those who want to help build a new corporate culture. At Peacock we are passionate about movies, TV shows and building a new streaming service from scratch, but we think it's really important to have fun while doing so.
• Bachelors degree in a related field
• Minimum 1 years experience with streaming media operations; film/TV program scheduling experience a plus
• Working knowledge of Microsoft 365, including OneDrive and SharePoint
• General understanding of content publishing operations or administration for a streaming service [moved up from Desired Characteristics]
• Working knowledge of data and analytics tools such as Omniture
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Virtual Channels run 365/24/7, so occasional night and weekend work will be required
• Experience working in streaming media operations role preferred
• Experience working with product and development teams
• A passion for television and movies
• Demonstrable ability to manage an ever changing content pipeline 7 days a week
• Self-starter and ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment
• Exceptional attention to detail & ability to multitask across multiple productions