Associate, Metadata QA
PeacockNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
Peacock is looking for a Metadata QA Associate to help support our rapidly growing content library. Following copywriting style guidelines and artwork specifications, you'll provide recommendations on best practices for content optimization, normalization and discoverability. Organization and a keen editorial compass will benefit you greatly in this role. Experience with multi-language variants, messaging and phrasing will be a big plus.
The ideal candidate will be able to support the critical day-to-day operational metadata QA needs of our video content workflow; providing editorial reviews and suggested copy adjustments for the timely delivery and accurate representation of our programming catalog.
Your proofreading and copyediting skills will ensure all on-demand video related content meets the exacting standards we've established for ourselves. This dedication to precise program presentation will help provide a predictable yet recognizable presence for our shows within the competitive, rapidly evolving digital marketplace.
• Provide metadata proofreading and copyediting services for a high volume of video content requests under deadline pressure
• Enforce editorial style guide and metadata specifications, adjusting internal standards to accommodate product updates as required
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders and external vendors to maintain copywriting communication channels, workflows and approval processes
• Support series synopses and episodic metadata delivery cadence, helping to streamline review, revision and submission procedures
Minimum 1 year of experience with:
o editorial copyediting and proofreading
o supporting content marketing & promotional strategies
Working knowledge of:
o digital artwork deliverables including, but not limited to photography, key art, and logo treatments as well as their related file formats
o consumer apps on traditional platforms and digital products
• Hands on experience with content management system (CMS) publishing workflows
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to work evenings, extended hours, weekends or holidays as needed
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to complete proofreading and copyediting test
• Ability to work in Midtown Manhattan, New York City, New York
• Associate Degree or equivalent work experience
• Television entertainment industry experience preferred
• Interest in linguistics and languages a major plus
• Excellent and effective communication and collaboration skills
• Expertise distilling verbose phrasing into basic concepts and prose
• Proactive problem solver with the ability to prioritize and concurrently handle multiple, time sensitive requests within a high-pressure environment
• Understanding of traditional MVPD distribution in comparison to emerging OTT services: AVOD, SVOD, TVOD, PVOD