Associate, Editorial Design
PeacockUniversal City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/11/2021 11:11:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Associate, Editorial Design jobs in Universal City-CA
Search all Associate, Editorial Design postings
Full Time Job
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
NBCUniversal is hiring an Associate, Editorial Design to join a creative and passionate team that is responsible for our customer experience on Peacock. Our Editorial Creative team is seeking a highly collaborative and driven candidate who is adept at swiftly handling change in a constantly evolving environment. Here's where all those hours watching Real Housewives and Harry Potter finally pay off -- in this position, you'll get to leverage that expert knowledge while working with the wider Editorial team to create engaging imagery, enticing newcomers and film buffs alike to watch all the amazing content available on Peacock. This position requires experience designing within digital best practices, including familiarity with metadata and its relationship to imagery in a digital world. The ideal candidate will be an organized, excellent communicator, and will be comfortable working within established templates and processes.
You will be joining a team of creatives responsible for all imagery seen on Peacock; this includes quality assurance (QA) review of art provided by external partners and content aggregators, as well as designing custom art. This team of subject matter experts oversees how content is represented on Peacock; the ideal candidate will be comfortable learning and sharing imagery specs and related guidance with both internal and external partners. From Peacock's Product team to Partner Operations to Marketing, this unique position will work cross-functionally with multiple teams across Peacock in support of UI optimization and successful content launches.
During your first 30 days:
• Use your keen artistic eye and familiarity with Peacock content to QA and optimize imagery provided by external partners and content aggregators
• Gain experience working within existing creative templates
• Seamlessly integrate yourself into existing creative workflows
• Establish relationships with multiple teams across Peacock to collaborate on product enhancements and the onboarding of new platform content
• Work with the wider Editorial team to visually support curation of content on Peacock
• Use your knowledge of how content is visually presented on Peacock to create guidance documentation for internal and external partners
• Apply your experience in digital design best practices to create outstanding custom art used on Peacock
• Consistently collaborate with the Design and wider Editorial teams on new ideas for content curation and â€œsurprise and delightâ€ across Peacock
• Understand the end-to-end process of adding new content to Peacock and its impact on imagery
90 days and beyond:
• Work with the Design team to streamline creative workflows
• Optimize existing creative templates and pitch ideas for new templates and syndicated features
• Use findings from content performance to influence creative optimization and future creative testing roadmaps
• Consider yourself a subject matter expert in how content is represented on platform and confidently share guidance, image specifications and best practices with both internal and external partners
• 1 years digital design experience
• Experience working within content management systems (CMS) and Digital Asset Management (DAM) systems
• Ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive requests in an agile environment
• Ability to creatively support an ever-changing content pipeline
• Experience designing for the digital world (entertainment and OTT a plus)
• Excellent skills using industry-standard design tools like Photoshop and Illustrator
• Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, extended hours, or holidays as needed
• A passion for movies, television, and keeping up with industry trends
• Ability to work at Universal Studios, Los Angeles, California