Associate, Content Operations
PeacockUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
In a competitive and rapidly evolving digital landscape, how a network launches and presents titles is key to ease of discoverability and engagement. The Content Operation Associate role ensures that each asset has all the components that help a consumer find, connect to (engaging imagery, descriptive metadata) and, ultimately, watch content.
You'll be responsible for monitoring the quality and availability of content published to NBC.com and NBCU's TVE apps for NBC, Bravo, E!, Oxygen, SYFY, USA, Telemundo and Universo. As part of the Metadata & Content Operations team, you will strive to identify, escalate and resolve issues in a timely manner. Your diligence in driving operational excellence will play an instrumental role in advancing NBCUniversal's success.
• Conducting daily quality control review and reporting out on the status of content availability across NBC, Bravo, E!, Oxygen, Syfy, Telemundo, Universo and USA Apps
• Documenting, troubleshooting, and escalating issues - ultimately driving to resolution through collaboration of internal or external partners
• Partner with team members to analyze workflows and recommend operational enhancements
• Associate degree or accredited program certification or equivalent work experience
• 1 year of entertainment industry production or digital media experience
• Working knowledge of content management systems used for multi-platform syndication
• Experience, understanding and knowledge of digital product and distribution systems, standards and processes
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, extended hours or holidays as needed
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• General understanding of traditional TV landscape and OTT services
• General understanding of data transfer protocols, workflows and methods. Aspera, Signiant, HTTP, etc.
• Working knowledge of metadata specifications as well as aggregation service providers like Gracenote and TiVo
• Strong attention to detail with a commitment to quality and accuracy
• Ability to work independently or in a team environment
• Proactive solutions attitude with ability to prioritize multiple time sensitive requests in a high-pressure environment
• Creative problem solver with a willingness to try new things when all else fails