Associate, Content Metadata
PeacockUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
Peacock is looking to hire a grammar specialist to edit, transcribe and proofread copy and metadata for NBC.com and NBCU's TVE apps for NBC, Bravo, E!, Oxygen, SYFY, USA, Telemundo and Universo. As we continue to expand our content offerings, we'll look to you to maintain brand and style guidelines while ensuring all copy adheres to our established standards of quality.
From marketing to UX to pop culture and industry trends, your expertise will play an instrumental role in ensuring our shows are portrayed with tonal accuracy and brand voice consistency to all audiences. Your diligence in driving high-quality communications will be crucial in advancing our position within the competitive, rapidly evolving digital marketplace.
• Proofread, copy edit and occasionally generate a high volume of promotional and metadata copy for use in digital applications such as NBC.com and apps, The Voice and AGT apps
• Ensure that all copy adheres to style standards and reflects established brand guidelines
• Perform fact checking to ensure accuracy of information presented
• Collaborate on creation and maintenance of copy templates and style guide as new product features and functions are implemented
• Manage requests from multiple stakeholders, ranging from promotional or marketing language to product copy
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university
• Minimum two years of professional experience as a copy editor or proofreader
• Minimum one year of experience publishing with CMS, working with digital project management systems
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, extended hours or holidays as needed
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Bilingual English/Spanish proficiency is a plus
• Entertainment industry/television experience preferred
• Close attention to detail, sharp eye for errors and strong editing skills
• Excellent knowledge of AP Style and American English spelling, grammar and punctuation
• Working knowledge of metadata specifications as well as aggregation service providers like Gracenote and TiVo
• Keen awareness of pop culture and media consumption trends
• Ability to edit calmly and efficiently under daily deadline pressure
• Experience working in Airtable, JIRA and/or Smartsheet a plus
• Innovative, outside-the-box thinking; creative problem-solving
• Effective communication and collaboration skills