PeacockUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you'll find more than a job. You'll find a fast-paced, high-flying team for unique birds that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. Our flock works hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
Peacock Kids is seeking an Assistant Editor for its Post Production team. Peacock Kids is a division within Peacock that develops, produces, and distributes digitally native content for kids on a variety of platforms; including the YouTube channels Peacock Kids and Colossal Cranium.
The Assistant Editor will work closely with the Manager of Post Production and the Editors to prepare footage for timely edit, to release on Peacock Kids' digital platforms. This position requires proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, top-notch organizational skills, a willingness to adapt to new systems, fluency with video specifications and codecs, as well as a strong attention to detail.
This highly collaborative position offers the opportunity to help shape fun content for kids, and will split time between remote and in-office responsibilities. Ideal candidates are detail-oriented, expert communicators, and passionate about digital content.
• Ingest, transcode, back up, sync and organize projects for Editors in a timely manner
• Work with Creative Producers to pull selects and create stringouts
• Quality-check deliverables of completed edits; generating missing (or additional) deliverables if needed.
• Prepare video files for distribution according to client & platform specifications
• Enforce SOP for naming conventions, edit file structure, and deliverable guidelines
• Perform light editing duties, including preparing videos with proper channel branding for airing on various digital platforms
• Ensure Peacock Kids' media archives are well-organized; perform regular audits to make sure the library-to-archive workflow is met.
• Perform additional duties as required under the direction of the Manager of Post Production and Creative Producers.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in relevant field
• Proficiency with Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects
• Top notch organizational skills and attention to detail
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong collaboration and time management skills
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Experience working with multiple video and audio formats, as well as music cue sheets
• Ability to think on your feet and multitask in a fast paced environment
• Excellent communication, positive attitude for children's content, animation, and how-to content.
• Understanding of shared area network storage (ISIS/Unity/XSAN)