Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
PBS DistributionArlington, VA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Senior Business Intelligence Analyst jobs in Arlington-VA
POSITION TITLE: Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Business Development
STATUS: Full-time/ Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Director, Business Intelligence
PBS Distribution (PBSd) is a leading distributor of public media content around the world, reaching audiences through multiple platforms and formats while generating revenue for the public media system, stations, and producers. Extending our reach beyond broadcast, we operate six streaming channels on Amazon Prime Video Channels.
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst utilizes financial models and interprets data to assess risk and inform decisions across PBS Distribution's multiple lines of business. The role provides data-driven recommendations, with an emphasis on content investment analysis and long-range planning. The position establishes KPIs to track the overall health of PBS Distribution's SVOD Channels business, and conducts analysis used to drive subscriber and revenue growth.
• Perform ongoing ROI analysis on PBS Distribution's content portfolio
• Provide guidance to Content Acquisition team on level of investment for new series and seasons
• Track actual performance of existing series to gauge profitability; collaborate with the Finance team to determine impact on cash flow and revenue forecasts
• Manage the SVOD Channels projections model, ensuring the integrity and accuracy of underlying subscription metrics. Utilize actuals-to-date to test assumptions and update long-term projections
• Establish and track KPIs, including subscriber acquisition, engagement, retention, and marketing impact. Conduct analyses to identify customer behaviors and trends that impact KPIs
• Work with SVOD Channels, Marketing, Finance Accounting teams to gather inputs and understand risks and opportunities
• Develop enhanced analytics including predictive modeling
• Collaborate cross-functionally to identify optimal content mix by genre and/or business model
• Provide periodic insights and reports to inform decision-making across the organization, including during quarterly business reviews and the annual budgeting process
• Maintain a strong understanding of company priorities, major deals and transactions, issues and challenges facing the businesses, and relevant trends in the streaming business
• 5-8 years' experience with data analysis; focus on financial data preferred
• Prior experience with streaming, digital media and/or video subscription services
• BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Finance, or relevant field
• Expert level Excel skills (PowerPivot, Data Models, Index/functions, Lookups, Pivot-tables, data organization etc.)
• Intermediate PowerPoint skills
• Understanding of DB structure, SQL, R or Python programming for basic/intermediate data analysis and transformation
• Ability to Interpret/analyze/understand periodic data to identify trends in the business
• Experience with BI tools, including report building, data manipulation, and basic admin functions
• Clearly communicate analysis to key partners/management
• Desire/ability to learn new systems and methods quickly
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently
• Ability to think critically and provide accurate work
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Resourcefulness in solving problems
• Commitment to excellent customer service
PBS Distribution is headquartered in Arlington, VA with an additional office In Boston, MA. The preferred location for the Senior Business Intelligence Analyst is Arlington, VA, however, remote candidates will be considered.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
PBS Distribution (PBSd) is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. PBSd makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
MANDATORY VACCINATION POLICY
PBS Distribution (PBSd) prioritizes the safety and security of our community. In accordance with PBSd's focus on providing and maintaining a safe workplace, we have adopted a mandatory vaccination policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our visitors, and the community at large from COVID-19. This policy is effective October 1, 2021.
In accordance with this policy, all applicants for employment at PBSd are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of work. Requests for exemption from this policy based on a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief will be considered upon a conditional offer of employment. Reasonable accommodations will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
PBSd is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified candidates and employees pursuant to applicable law. This policy complies with all applicable laws and is informed by guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health authorities, as applicable.