Production Operations Manager
PBS DistributionArlington, VA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Exhibition & Distribution Category
Search for Production Operations Manager jobs in Arlington-VA
POSITION TITLE: Production Operations Manager
DEPARTMENT: Production Operations
STATUS: Full-time, Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Sr. Director, Production Operations
PBS Distribution (PBSd) is a leading distributor of public media content around the world, reaching audiences through multiple platforms and formats while generating revenue for the public media system, stations, and producers. Extending our reach beyond broadcast, we operate six streaming channels on Amazon Prime Video Channels.
PBSd is seeking a detail oriented Production Operations Manager who has a strong understanding of video codecs, content production and media technologies. The Production Operations Manager will have experience working with and managing media asset management systems and will partner with the Sr. Director, Production Operations to continually improve production operations efficiency through new technologies. The successful candidate must be passionate about media production and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The Production Operations Manager supports all technical activities of the Production Operations Department including workflows, documentation, technical specifications, and management of the media supply chain.
• Work with Sr. Director to continually develop strategies to improve team and company efficiency, including researching and implementing new technologies.
• Evaluate department needs and create workflows for domestic and international distribution, including but not limited to transcode and edit workflows, and automation of technical workflows.
• Manage the department's media and oversee asset management processes.
• Administrate systems within the media supply chain including media asset management, transcoders, and file transfer software (Signiant, Aspera).
• Troubleshoot problematic media and technical issues with equipment. Work closely with vendors to resolve issues.
• Act as a Technical and Post-Production resource (SME) for departments throughout the company as well as external vendors and production companies.
• Script Excel macros and create other light XML scripts for automation of processes, including but not limited to file renaming and transcode workflow templates.
• Ability to assist software developer with APIs for system integration.
• Train staff and educate them on technology and industry best practices.
• 5-7 years of experience managing and working with post-production and distribution technology in a broadcast, media distribution, or post-production company.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required.
• Understanding of video codecs, content production, and media technologies.
• Experience working with and managing media asset management systems required.
• Experience editing with Adobe Premiere a plus.
• Computer skills should include the ability to create Excel macros, XML scripts
• Broad knowledge and experience of file sharing applications, storage, and cloud services.
• Knowledge of digital platforms and file encoding formats.
• Knowledge of content production for DVD and Blu-ray authoring specifications .
• Must be proactive, detail oriented, self-directed and a creative problem-solver.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize them within a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
• Must have excellent customer service skills.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Ability to coordinate numerous projects and meet aggressive deadlines
• Must be able to think critically and have excellent oral and written communication organizational skills
• Must have excellent customer service, communication, and organizational skills
• Knowledge of PBS Programming, policies, and procedures a plus
PBS Distribution is headquartered in Arlington, VA with an additional office In Boston, MA. The Production Operations Manager may be a remote position with flexibility for visibility In the Arlington, VA and Boston, MA office, as necessary. All positions are currently remote due to COVID-19.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
PBS Distribution (PBSd) is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, and training. PBSd makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.