Fall Intern - ESPN WWS Business Development
Parks, Experiences and ProductsKissimmee, FL
Part Time Unpaid Internship
ESPN Wide World of Sports Business Development Internship, FL Fall 2020
From negotiation, market analysis and relationships across the Sports industry, Sports Business Development is focused on short- and long-term planning for new business ventures at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. The team focuses on forging new relationships and identifying strategic opportunities for new events, partnerships and media or programming opportunities at the Walt Disney World-based sports facility.
Make an impact by…
• Identifying new trends and insights in the sports industry to form strategic recommendations supporting ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
• Developing and cultivating new relationships with potential clients and sponsors that could lead to new business opportunities.
• Working with partners in marketing, sales, event management, finance and operations to turn new event or partnership concepts into viable businesses at the sports facility.
• Researching, pitching or supporting new revenue-generating ideas ranging from emerging sports (e.g. esports) to alternative business or sponsorship models for the organization.
What you bring to this role…
• Proven self-starter: ability to work both independently and in a team environment on complex projects with varying deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to represent the Disney and ESPN brands to external clients
• Knowledge of the sports industry, from a business or events standpoint
• Ability to articulate original ideas into persuasive recommendations and compelling presentations
• Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
These are the minimum qualifications needed for this role:
• Demonstrated proficiency in PowerPoint/Keynote and Excel
• Current valid U.S. driver's license
• Operating a company vehicle is required for this role. Candidate must be willing and able to operate a company vehicle under inclement weather, including minimal lighting
• Recent graduate (undergrad or graduate) or graduate student pursuing a Master's degree in General Business (e.g. Marketing, Finance, etc.), Communications or Sports Management
• GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Resume - outlining all of your required qualifications
• Cover letter - detailing your qualifications and interest
To upload your resume:
• Log into your dashboard
• Click the second tab ''Applications''
• Select ''Submitted Applications''
• Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the resume
• Click the ''Add Files'' button
• Under what do you want to add, select Resume
• Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Resume
• At the time of application, must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR have graduated from college within the past six months OR be currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must provide full work availability
• Must have reliable transportation to get to and from work
• Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Dates: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2020 through January 2021. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: This internship is located in Florida. A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney's iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney's global consumer products operations include the world's leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world's largest children's publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Parks, Experiences and Products, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.