This was removed by the employer on 3/27/2023 5:58:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for VP, Publicity jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all VP, Publicity postings
Full Time Job
Paramount , a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the worldâ€™s biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streamingâ€™s other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
The VP, Publicity will report into the Senior Vice President, Communications, and will be instrumental in defining and completing the publicity strategy supporting select Paramount Originals, including series and films.
The VP will work closely with not only cross-functional internal teams like marketing, social, editorial, and content strategy, but also work with external and internal studio partners in the creation and implementation of publicity campaigns in support of Paramount originals.
The scope of work will include the development of proactive PR campaigns targeted to national and regional consumer, trade and business press, lead the creation of media materials including press releases, talking points and other collateral, talent relations, awards strategy, and lead all aspects of coordination of media requests in support of Paramount originals.
Join the team!
• Help to continue to push forward the overarching PR strategy for Paramount â€™ brand of originals series and films
• Lead in the development and implementation of comprehensive and creative PR campaigns for originals
• Develop innovative and ''out-of-the-box'' ideas to support the Paramount slate, development, and long-term growth
• Pitch programming and related stories to a broad range of media, follow-up on media requests, and foster close working relationships with members of the media
• Proactively identify traditional and excellent opportunities to improve press coverage across multiple platforms
• Lead all aspects of the organization of press events, junkets, speaking engagements/panels, press briefings, media tours, set visits, and screenings, as applicable
• Handle the development of crafting series materials including talking points, press releases, press kits, and more
• Work closely with photo publicity team to lead creative assets for press purposes
• Partner with cross-functional Paramount teams such as marketing, social and content strategy to ensure cohesive messaging and coordination
• Track budgets for media campaigns
• Work cross-functionally to nurture relationships with internal and external collaborators to strategize and implement successful promotional campaigns
• Work closely with show creators/executives, talent, production and programming executives, as well as outside PR representatives
• Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
• Bachelorâ€™s degree required
• 10 years of hands-on media relations experience in the streaming television/entertainment business is important, preferably with previous publicity experience working on streaming television series, franchises or films.
• Passion and proven knowledge of the digital media and entertainment industries!
• Ability to build committed communications campaigns that align with business objectives
• Team-oriented, collaborative, and flexible to work across various business groups across the company
• Strong media relations experience
• Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Strategic problem solver who is a dedicated and adaptable great teammate with the ability to think creatively and generate new ideas
• Strong writing skills, computer proficiency, and social-media savvy required
• Proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong oral and written communication skills
Hiring Salary Range: $200,000.00 - 225,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.