VP, Photo Publicity
ParamountNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/20/2021 2:00:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for VP, Photo Publicity jobs in New York-NY
Search all VP, Photo Publicity postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a VP, Photo Publicity?
Full Time Job
Paramount , a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from ViacomCBS, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream ViacomCBS Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Overview & Responsibilities
Paramount , the streaming service from ViacomCBS, is currently seeking a Vice President of Photo Publicity based in the New York office. Under direction of the Vice President, Communications, the Vice President, Photo Publicity will lead and further develop the Photo Publicity team for Paramount . This role will manage and oversee photographic coverage across all Paramount original programming. This will include developing and overseeing the execution of unit coverage as well as gallery and other photoshoots for Paramount , including coordinating closely with Marketing and Creative teams in addition to Publicity to ensure all photographic needs for an original series are met.
In addition, this role will oversee the editing and retouching of photographic coverage and serve as a key point person in the distribution of photography assets to both internal and external partners including media, marketing, social media, consumer products, advertising and more.
• Manage Paramount 's photo publicity efforts and lead the team responsible for developing, overseeing and disseminating all photo assets for Paramount original programming, including original series, films, specials and documentaries, red carpet coverage and corporate and trade related events.
• Guide the creative direction of photographic art, including both gallery and unit still photography, and oversee the dissemination of those assets to both internal and external partners, including press.
• Work closely with cross-functional teams, including Marketing, on developing creative and unique photo campaigns in support of Paramount 's original programming.
• Oversee strategic distribution of photos in conjunction with all publicity campaigns.
• Hire and supervise unit photographers for original programming unit photography, special events and industry functions.
• Maintain communication with productions to ensure quality photography is created for all series.
• Manage photography budget for unit and gallery.
• Oversee photo fulfillment and photo request processes efficiently.
• Work closely with the Marketing and Creative teams to develop and produce shoots for marketing and publicity purposes.
• Oversee photographic coverage of Paramount events and functions such as TCA, award functions, red carpet premieres and screenings, and conferences.
• Liaise with Content Strategy and Business Affairs Department to ensure all talent photo restrictions and approvals procedures are met.
• Lead the research and implementation of new technologies to better manage costs, photo storage and distribution, and improve efficiency.
• 12 years in a network or studio photo department or a related entertainment-focused photo service organization and a passion for the photography industry.
• Degree in Photography or Visual Communications preferred.
• Extensive experience with digital photography, metadata, digital software and asset management systems such as Adobe Creative Suite, Photo Mechanic, Capture One, DF Studio and Widen.
• Lead the comprehensive, organized and efficient photographic library that services the entire network.
• Familiarity with entertainment production and unit photographers for hire.
• Strong knowledge and roster for Local 600, entertainment, and editorial photographers.
• Maintain positive relationships with photo editors in a variety of media.
• Advanced Photoshop and retouching skills a plus.
• Ability to select photo days for compelling episodic coverage and manage talent approvals with little supervision.
• Experience planning and executing large high-end gallery shoots and has a strong creative eye for producing impactful photo assets.
• Strong time management skills, an ability to multi-task, and handle fast deadlines when they arise.
• Ability to work on location both in and out-of-town when the need arises.
• A great teammate with strong communications skills and the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, social, content strategy and design.
• Ability to handle high volume of complex projects and tasks for multiple people and departments simultaneously and manage competing priorities.