Vice President Of Business Strategy
ParamountLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Vice President of Business Strategy for International Streaming Services (Paramount and PlutoTV)
ViacomCBS Networks International (VCNI), a unit of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), is comprised of many of the world's most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including MTV, MTV LIVE HD, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Comedy Central, Paramount Channel, BET and more. ViacomCBS brands reach more than 3.8 billion cumulative subscribers in 180 countries and territories via more than 200 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties, in 40 languages.
Overview & Responsibilities:
We are seeking a Vice President of Business Strategy to lead the analysis and negotiation of content deals for both Paramount and PlutoTV. You will play a key role in our evolving content strategy, ensuring that we enter into inquisitive, innovative, and financially sound content agreements. This individual will provide business recommendations based on their knowledge of television and film industry agreements, any applicable local regulations, new and existing financing models, and intellectual property rights.
The VP will work cross-functionally with executives from all of our internal studios, Development, Production, Finance, Business and Legal Affairs, Marketing, and Distribution teams.
The VP is key role in the international streaming content team that will help define and execute our content proposition and programming strategy for all of our international P markets. We are looking for an experienced and innovative candidate that has a proven track record of providing counsel for our team's ongoing global content deals!
• Analyze deal structures and advise on strategy, costs, talent relations and other information relating to the development, production, and licensing of original programming.
• Participate in the negotiation of a high volume of content deals for a wide variety of programming, including scripted, non-scripted, kids and family, and movies.
• Work with the Global Distribution Group, our internal distribution arm, on upcoming market expansion opportunities on both a central and local market basis.
• Partner closely with the finance team on modelling for upcoming projects with the goal of identifying efficient approaches to our evolving business. Collaborate with the BALA team on negotiating and, reviewing, and agreements related to the production and acquisitions of original programming.
• Work closely with members of Viacom International Studios on deal structure and financial models for our internally produced local original programs. Work with peers from the US on potential collaborations and financial modelling options.
• Partner with all teams to continually improve deal parameters, financial models, departmental process and procedures, as well as great ideas and creative problem solving on deals and projects.
• Establish and maintain internal and external relationships with regular, effective, and timely communications concerning deal negotiating, and business strategy.
• Encourage innovative thoughts and behavior and serves as an example to all staff employees.
• Acts in an ethical manner and adheres to the ViacomCBS code of conduct policies at all times.
• Travel may be necessary.
• 10 years of experience in entertainment deal making, representing a production company, studio, or television network.
• Proven track record as a skilled negotiator and deal-maker, with, exceptional communication skills, and creative problem-solving abilities.
• Knowledge of guild and union agreements, contracts, and content rights International experience is a plus.
• Experience in the entertainment industry customs and practices on an International market basis
• Strong, established relationships with key players in the TV industry, including talent, agents, production companies, producers, writers, etc.
• An ability to communicate effectively with the creative community as well as the logistical and financial side of production.
• Possesses the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with a high-volume workload
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are vital in order to liaise with a range of people and personalities, from channel executives to production staff, to talent agents and actors
• Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills, including working effectively within a collaborative team environment as well as diverse constituencies and both creative and business personality types
• Must have Strong problem solving and decision making abilities and be able to handle conflict in a professional manner