Vice President, Music & Talent
Full Time Job
Vice President, Music & Talent - CMT
Overview & Responsibilities:
CMT is seeking a Vice President, Music & Talent who will contribute to many aspects of talent booking for CMT's numerous on and off-air events, including tentpoles, music events, music franchises, integrated marketing promotions, and initiatives. This candidate will find, liaise with, book, brief, and look after celebrities who are involved with any CMT program or event.
include but are not limited to:
• Manage, maintain and develop relationships with artists, label executives, artist's management and publicity teams
• Talent Booker with some Talent Producing for CMT Shows and Digital Properties (With Direction by SVP Music & Talent and SVP Production/Live Events)
• Oversee Talent Booker for CMT Integrated Marketing and Sales Initiatives
• Responsible for managing, maintaining, and developing relationships with artists, label executives, and artist's management and publicity teams
• Research TV, Film, Publishing, Entertainment, and Lifestyle on-air programs that fit the CMT demographic and pitch talent for a variety of cross-platform themed programming on the network
• Generate awareness and publicize CMT channel programming and event opportunities to a variety of public relations firms, agents, managers, and talent
• Manage in-studio celebrity and guest appearances, set visits, and junkets and follows up with supporting materials to reinforce the CMT brand experience
• Bring outside pitches as well as original ideas to pitch meetings and brainstorming sessions
• Help develop strategies around music to build on channel goals and ratings
• Collaborate with internal partners to build clear and effective lines of communication
• Create an organized communication system for the development, scheduling, and tracking of all celebrity & high profile guest interviews and segments used on the channel
• Encourage innovative thought and behavior and serve as an example to all staff
• Open to traveling and working outside of a standard business schedule
• Other duties as assigned
• 7-10 years of experience as a professional talent/celebrity booker or as a talent executive, preferably in the Country Music industry
• Must have well-established contacts with music label executives, country music artists and their management teams, talent publicists, agencies, and personal management firms
• A demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing a high-volume workload
• A dynamic personality with the ability to contribute effectively in a team environment
• Thorough knowledge of the Country Music industry business and players is highly preferred
• Prior experience effectively managing and developing other staff members
• Willingness to travel as needed
• Solid negotiation and presentation skills
• Ease in creating, developing, and maintaining key relationships
• Exudes composure in high-stress situations and is able to effectively and creatively problem-solve
• Must be a proactive self-starter, demonstrating leadership, integrity, and professionalism in daily activities
• Excellent communicator with executives, peers, team members, and talent
• Highly organized, strategically minded, and resourceful
• Readily adaptable to continually changing priorities and aggressive timeline
• Ability to manage conflict effectively
CMT is the leading authority on country music and lifestyle, offering a mix of original series, music events and specials. CMT is everywhere its fans are including two cable channels (CMT and the 24-hour music channel, CMT Music), radio (CMT Radio), digital (CMT.com) and social (CMT on Facebook, CMT on Instagram and CMT on Twitter). CMT is a unit of Paramount Global.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.