ParamountNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 8/18/2022 10:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Technical Director jobs in New York-NY
Search all Technical Director postings
Full Time Job
Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Paramount Tech is hiring a Technical Director for Platform Engineering on the Media Supply Chain team. As Technical Director, you will strike a balance between team management, project oversight and technical contribution for a team focused on the development and support of a core media asset management system within the Paramount Global media supply chain.
• Manage a team of approximately 15 software engineers in an Agile project environment.
• Act as technical owner for the development and support of a media asset management system.
• Function as the technical leader for a team of software engineers.
• Ensure the team is adhering to software engineering best practices.
• Facilitate technical design sessions; contribute to system design.
• Provide guidance and mentoring to our engineering team.
• Manage the production deployment cycle to ensure timely and trouble-free application deployments.
• Partner with our Product organization to determine and organize feature and support priorities.
• Partner with our scrum master to ensure sprints are run smoothly and effectively.
• Communicate with peers and leadership in matters regarding the team and its projects.
• 10 years designing and writing software.
• Experience as a lead software engineer on an application or API development project.
• Experience managing software engineering teams.
• Experience acting as software engineering liaison to leadership and other teams.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
• Capable of managing time between hands-on technical tasks and team management.
• Working knowledge and experience with software design concepts â€'' design patterns, object oriented design and development, composition vs. inheritance, data structures and algorithms, etc..
• Experience with data modelling and relational database development.
• Fluent with converting business requirements to technical designs.
• Experience with a variety of programming languages and development environments. For example, C#/.Net, Java, Golang, PHP, shell programming.
• Experience with Git and Git-based version control systems.
• Experience with automated build technologies â€'' Jenkins, Azure DevOps or Bamboo.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services, building, deploying, supporting applications in EC2.
• Experience with Docker and running applications in containers.
• Comfortable with creating presentations for technical and business audiences.
• Must have the ability to mentor engineers and guide technical growth and career development.